Founded in 1943, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company is now recognized as one of the nation's leading providers of high quality life, health and worksite/voluntary insurance solutions. The Company's high quality claims management and fiscal stability have earned it over 40 consecutive A.M. Best "A" (Excellent) ratings since 1975, as well as six consecutive placements on the "Ward's 50" list of the nation's top performing insurance companies. Headquartered in White Plains, NY, Amalgamated Life is an employee-centered organization with a robust, highly-competitive employee benefits and compensation package. Employees enjoy a pleasant, modern workplace environment, which features state-of-the-art technology, onsite cafÃ© and fitness facilities. The Company sponsors many nonprofit and charitable endeavors and supports its employees' participation in these worthwhile causes. Amalgamated Life is a member of the Amalgamated Family of Companies.
QR Code Link to This Post
Amalgamated Life Insurance takes pride in the competitive and extensive benefit programs that are offered to our full-time employees.
Our benefit package includes: Health and Dental Insurance
Disability Coverage: Short-Term & Long-Term Plans
Life Insurance Coverage
Fidelity Goal Planner After-Tax Savings Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care
Fitness Gym Membership Discounts
e-TRAC (New York)
Time off Benefits: Vacation, Sick
Days, Personal Days, Holidays
Opt-Out Reimbursement Program
Employee Referral Award Program
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices. Este Empleador Participaen E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.
- Review collective bargaining agreements, policies and procedure manuals and any other documentation that provides guidance as to how matters are to be handled, how contributions to be remitted and how audits are to be conducted.
- Schedule appointments with Employers for admittance to shops in a manner that assures all necessary documentation is at hand on Employer premises the day of the audit.
- Review procedures regarding the examination of Employer reporting system as well as assist in the development of methods to remedy.
- Ascertain issues and problems with the Employer reporting system as well as assist in the development of methods to remedy.
- Review pertinent documents necessary to determine if an audit trail exists for all records and systems.
- Discuss the audit findings with the Employer along with any problems noted and a plan for correction.
- Compile and complete audit calculations. Write complete cover memo and submit audit in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Prepare reports for all work done with follow-up and recommendations for action and submit results to Manager and Supervisor for review.
- College degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Prior Accounting/auditing experience preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must have a car and valid Driver's License.
- Knowledge of labor union operations and employee benefit funds helpful but not required.