Royal Metro College is seeking an experienced nail & esthetics technician/ instructor to be available to teach evenings or weekends.
QR Code Link to This Post
The instructor is responsible for delivering a Nail Technician program and Esthetic program. This includes course preparation, teaching and guiding students, providing feedback, correction, encouragement, and direction to ensure students successfully complete the program.
Nail Technology certification as well as a minimum of 5 + years of recent related experience in the nail industry.
Esthetics Diploma as well as a minimum of 5 + years of recent related experience in the industry.
Preference will be given to candidates with a Provincial Instructor Diploma.
Required skills, abilities and knowledge includes:
- A high degree of professionalism and strong technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate experiential learning activities and practices
- Excellent group facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster a motivational learning environment for a diverse student base
- Familiarity and working knowledge with the use of computers, internet, and PowerPoint
- Customer/Client service oriented
- Adaptable with the ability to work effectively within a variety of diverse situations
The program is designed to provide participants the knowledge and skills to enable them to work in the nail & esthetics industry and will be delivered in a combination of classroom and educational salon setting (300 instructional hours).
The salary will be discussed during an interview after practical demonstration