QR Code Link to This Post
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people. Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management. We take pride in the fact that our multifamily communities are places our residents are proud to call home. Our customer-focused associates set us apart from our competition - managing every aspect of our communities to ensure the highest level of service, value and convenience for residents.
We are searching for a talented Financial Accountant to be based out of Keytower in Cleveland, OH.
The Financial Accountant focuses on the generation, preparation, and communication of information that is complete and accurate to support effective decision making, management, internal controls, and financial reporting. Financial Accountants are responsible for completing a wide range of general accounting, real estate accounting, and reporting activities within the Accounting Services Organization under the guidance and supervision of Accounting Managers and/or Supervisors. Financial Accountants may be responsible for a product and/or property portfolio ranging from 10-20 properties and/or corporate/service/management entities depending on the level of accounting complexity involved. Financial Accountants' responsibilities reflect varying levels of capabilities and are expected to evolve as individuals acquire relevant experience and demonstrate greater accountability.
- Preparing and analyzing journal entries on both GAAP and tax basis including but not limited to: standard entries, applicable reclassifications / adjustments, review of all income and expenses, accruals, overhead allocations, consolidations and eliminations, and intercompany transactions. Collaborating with business unit and property level colleagues to obtain necessary data and documentation to prepare and support journal entries.
- Preparing and distributing periodic reports for various legal entities (properties, management services companies, partnerships), external business partners (joint venture partners), governmental agencies (HUD, FAH), lending institutions (banks, institutional investors), and external auditors. Required periodic reports may include but are not limited to: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows statements.
- Supporting preparation of SOX 404 package including but not limited to: expense and income review, journal entries / supporting documentation, accounts payable and accounts receivable support, and fixed asset analysis. Performing tests of internal controls under SOX 404.
- Preparing support data and analyses for financial reporting requirements and corporate communications needs including but not limited to: schedules, reconciliations, footnotes, board books, earnings calls, and analysts requests. Performing variance analysis, as required.
- Preparing reconciliations of general ledger accounts, as required. Ensuring completion of periodic accounting close checklists for respective entities. Supporting independent third party property audits.
- This position requires an Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-4 years of required experience in Public Accounting or Real Estate.
- A preferred professional/state licensing for this position include: Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Required skills for this position include: general accounting principles and processes, accounting software systems and SAP technologies, analytical and detail-oriented, perform quality assurance reviews, prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines, communication - written and oral, and Microsoft Office.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace