QR Code Link to This Post
What does a Best Buy Market Functionality Technician do?
At Best Buy our mission is to leverage the unique talents and passions of our employees to inspire, delight, and enrich the lives of our customers through technology and all its possibilities. If you have a passion and curiosity for what is possible and enjoy people, we invite you to join us on this mission.
The Market Functionality Technician (MFT) is responsible for supporting the Functionality Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Culture in their market to ensure Interactive Displays meet the needs of our customers, employees and vendors. The MFT will perform complex, highly advanced (Level 3) repairs that require significant experience, training, tools and knowledge. They will also be an effective market partner through building relationships with both store and field leadership teams.
The Market Functionality Technician (MFT) also acts as the field support role for Interactive Technology (IT) and Retail Ops Systems teams. The MFT provides support to retail roles on the use of IT Systems, and deployment of special projects as needed. The MFT also provides support and assistance to the field Project Teams.
The Market Functionality Technician (MFT) will be responsible for leading a group of Project Team Deployment Functionality Technicians (DFTs) during projects that involve complex IT intensive scope. They will be responsible for the adherence to BBTG cabling and device standards, project reporting deliverables, and subsequent follow-up through completion.
What are the professional requirements of an Market Functionality Technician?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to travel up to at least 25% up to 50% of the year
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50lbs
- Must be willing and able to work overnight shifts
- Possess valid Driverâ€™s License and able to legally operate a motor vehicle
- Associates or Bachelorâ€™s degree
- 2 years of experience in Industry standard certification in low voltage cabling, pathways, fire-stopping, and termination
- 2 years of experience of Low voltage application theory/Electronic display switching
- 2 years of experience in Project Management/Leadership
- 1 years of experience Training