Junior Accountant / Bookkeeper
QR Code Link to This Post
Growing Accounting and Payroll Firm in West Kendall, FL has an immediate need for a hardworking, efficient Junior Accountant /Bookkeeper.
Looking for someone who has worked doing bookkeeping. Clients vary a lot, and range from different industries and company sizes. Write Ups and financial statement preparation will be the main duties and should have experience with Sales Tax Returns, 1099's, and being able to reconcile Payroll entries.
Roles & Responsibilities:
â€¢ Perform monthly accounting close for multiple client
â€¢ Manage sales tax records and create and file quarterly payments
â€¢ General ledger review
â€¢ Prepare monthly reconciliations, financial statements and all supporting documents
â€¢ Produce subcontractor 1099's, and any other IRS year-end requirement
â€¢ Additional special projects if necessary
â€¢ Familiar with Accounts Receivable
â€¢ Keep a check on Accounts Payable
QUALITIES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
1) Strong written and verbal communication skills.
2) The ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and follow directions well.
3) High level of accuracy and dedication.
4) Great attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency.
5) Ability to handle a variety of different projects.
6) Strong ethical standards is a must
7) BE EXTREMELY ORGANIZED.
A) Prior Bookkeeping / Accounting experience or Recent College Grad
B) A minimum of two year work experience
C) Solid computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Excel, MS Word and Outlook
D) Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
E) Proficiency with QuickBooks
F) Minimum AA Degree or Equivalent Experience
* Professional and friendly work atmosphere
* Involves working from the hours of 9:00AM - 6:00PM with availability for overtime, as needed.
* Business attire is required
Send us your resume and salary requirement along with your answers to the following questions:
1) Why are you applying for this position?
2) How can you help our firm?
3) What do you hope to accomplish in the next 3 years?