QR Code Link to This Post
Other agencies might call it an internship program, but we offer and expect more. At Online Optimism, our Specialist program was crafted to be the leading program for college students and recent grads to build a future career in marketing or design. We see it as the last internship youâ€™ll ever do.
Overview of our Specialist Program:
- 20 â€“ 35 hours per week between 9-5, M-F.
- Hourly Pay. Happy to work with you to get college credit if still in school.
- Work on real projects with our full-time staff, for both our clients and Online Optimism itself.
- The benefits of being in our offices, including endless snacks, a casual dress code, and playing with our Barketing staff.
To be considered, you must apply at: https://www.onlineoptimism.com/about/specialist-internship-application/
For the Graphic Design Specialist position, your day to day work will consist of:
- Crafting Graphics for a variety of businesses online.
- Following Varied Brand Guidelines
- Working with new digital media like GIFs, cinemagraphs, and animations.
- Utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Aftereffects.
For the Web Development Specialist, Your day to day work will consist of:
- Assisting in the buildout of websites and maintenance/debugging of existing websites.
- Working with our Design team on crafting the best user experience for new WordPress sites.
- Join client meetings to discuss their new websites.
- Assisting in the development of training manuals for WordPress websites.
COVID-19 & Our Specialist Program
Much like you, we do not know what to expect in the coming months due to COVID-19. Hereâ€™s what we do know:
- We already onboarded and have run our Summer and Fall Specialist programs entirely remotely. While not the ideal situation, we feel (and our Specialist surveys confirm) that it has gone well.
- We will 100% be running our Specialist program in the Winter/Spring.
- The Winter/Spring Specialist program may be entirely remote, entirely in-office, or a mixture of the two.
- We will likely not be to able confirm which it is until December 1st, 2020, long after weâ€™ve made decisions on selected applicants for the Fall.
Therefore, before applying, please be aware that you may work in-office, or entirely remotely, or a mix of the two, and weâ€™re confident that itâ€™ll be a great program whichever way it proceeds.
Real Work, Real Experience
This opportunity isnâ€™t about getting your boss coffeeâ€“we have a cold brew on tap for that. Youâ€™ll spend your time here working on real assignments and projects. In addition, when your department director attends networking events and educational lunches, weâ€™ll be sending you as well, ticket included.
A majority of our full-time team started at Online Optimism as Specialists, and many of our Specialists go on to work at some of the top digital marketing agencies around.
Ready to apply to be a Specialist at Online Optimism? Our application is here: