The Jake Group is looking for a talented User Interface/User Experience designer to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for leading UI/UX across web products, marrying usability with innovative visual design. If you are an edgy designer who can create impactful, award-winning websites and other digital applications, weâ€™d love to hear from you! Our ideal candidate will contribute creative ideas and execute compelling designs and user experiences for a variety of clients -- start-ups and entrepreneurial companies to enterprise-level corporations alike.
QR Code Link to This Post
As a boutique studio with a tight-knit team, our process is highly collaborative. That said, success in this role relies on working closely with other designers, project managers, and developers as we adjust to a fully remote working model. You should be an analytical and creative thinker who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UI/UX and other technical projects is essential.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems
- Design high-impact, clean user interface designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to team members/developers and clients
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer with a strong foundation in mobile and web products
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Invision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Compelling portfolio of design projects that demonstrates clean design and a strong process
- Strong understanding of web design best practices including branding, color theory, typography, trends, patterns, layouts, and accessibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate design decisions
- Project management experience also a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter/note, resume and online portfolio to Anneli Werner, President & Creative Director, at [email protected]