Office located in old Sacramento. A mix of remote and in-person work is OK.
QR Code Link to This Post
Full-time, exempt role.
This position will be the IT Department lead, supervising other IT personnel and leading the agency forward. This person should be comfortable with strategic planning, maintaining a department budget, and overseeing IT change throughout the organization.
We are a nonprofit operating in the western United States. We have been in operation for nearly 50 years, and have expanded rapidly during the last five years. This person should be comfortable leading system change for a rapidly-expanding company.
The IT Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer (â€œCEOâ€.) The IT Director supervises other assigned IT staff member(s.)
In direct collaboration with the CEO, the IT Director will ensure streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT Director will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction for their subordinate(s).
The IT Director will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, and implement cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
1. Lead the IT departmentâ€™s operational and strategic planning.
2. Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
3. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
4. Provides leadership and direction in the maintenance of the agency intranet and document storage service; Sharepoint.
5. Through supervision and mentorship, manages the provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
6. Maintains knowledge of current technologies and changes to existing systems.
7. Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
8. Develops and implements all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and services provision.
9. Develops proposals at the direction of the CEO.
10. Negotiates and administers vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
11. Practices asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
12. Manages and mentors IT staffing as part of a rapid-growth organization.
13. Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the organizationâ€™s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
14. Conducts appropriate follow-up to ensure new systems are working properly, and ensures ongoing IT maintenance and instruction is provided to end users.
15. Ensures adequate training materials are provided for end users when launching new IT-related programs.
16. Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Required Job Skills:
1. Proven ability to manage IT function for a multi-program agency operating in multiple regions.
2. Proven leadership skills.
3. MS 360 expert, with proven skills in managing a multi-site Sharepoint page, including training end users how to best utilize the functions within Office 365, and how to manage a growing workforce utilizing Sharepoint.
4. Ability to analyze departmental needs and adapt to new technologies.
5. Ability to solve problems creatively and proactively.
6. Understanding of long-term impact of the implementation of different technologies.
7. Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team.
8. Proven ability to create, analyze, and submit proposals.
9. Ability to lead team members who work in remote locations.
10. Exceptional people skills. Ability to maintain a professional disposition and remain positive and supportive in the performance of all job duties.
11. Ability to give formal and informal group presentations.
12. Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks while maintaining a stable work environment.
13. Capacity to remain conscious of evolving personnel needs throughout the organization, and willingness to adapt to a changing workforce.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in IT, computer science, or related field preferred. Experience may be substituted for up to four years of education.
A minimum of 3 yearsâ€™ experience working as a staff supervisor within an IT department serving multiple regions with at least 150 end users.
At least 2 yearsâ€™ experience managing document storage, team collaboration, and other agency initiatives on the Office 365 platform, with an extensive understanding of the effective utilization of Sharepoint desired.
Knowledge of multiple technologies, and implementation procedures for multiple locations in varying locations.
Office located in Sacramento, CA.
Requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move or carry office supplies and materials weighing 20 pounds or less. Finger dexterity required for computer keyboard operation.
Offering: Full time, exempt position. Comprehensive medical, dental and retirement benefits. 5% - 10% travel will be required.
$89,000 - $94,000 to start, DOE.