SteepRock develops state-of-the-art technology that enables Life Sciences companies to pursue their missions of improving patient outcomes and lives. Our customers are at the leading edge of medicine and they rely on us for insight into their patient populations using data science, software systems to help them provide millions in grants to research institutions and a wide range of other services. We stand together with our clients and their goals of making a healthier world.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for advanced Python Software Engineers with a passion for building incredible technology. As a Senior Software Engineer at SteepRock, you will display leadership qualities, be versatile, and enthusiastically bring fresh ideas to solve our customersâ€™ challenges.
We are a fast-paced company that builds high quality software using modern technologies and processes. You will bring extraordinary attention and commitment to quality to everything you do at SteepRock and we will support your growth and success.
Responsibilities and key qualifications:
- 6+ years of hands-on, everyday Python experience.
- Strong Object Oriented understanding and familiar with common patterns and principles.
- Deep understanding and experience of at least one database solution.
- Experience with microservices and containers preferred.
- Experience with message queues and/or PubSub a strong plus.
- Experience with GCP/GKE a strong plus.
- Experience with large datasets a plus.
- Experience with gRPC a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits (medical, office expenses, IRA plan) and direct incentive plans. You will split your time between working from home and in an office in Austin, TX. In response to COVID-19, for the time being, all interviewing will be done via video conference and all employees are currently working remotely.
Please email your resume with subject â€œSenior Python Engineerâ€. No consultants, headhunters or outsourcing firms will be accepted. Proof of US citizenship or permanent Authorization to Work in the US is a prerequisite. Experience will be confirmed by references.