We are currently hiring for a talented Sr Ruby on Rails Developer. You would work within our talented engineering team. We have a good team culture, and we're selective about adding quality teammates. This is an good opportunity to have an big impact on small businesses worldwide, while engineering a product that is interesting to work on (we aren't building insurance software or anything like that)! You will be part of a helpful team working on supporting our legacy product that is currently used by more than 700 game and hobby stores businesses, as well as developing the future of the platform services and micro-services.
QR Code Link to This Post
This is a full-time position, we're remote currently, but usually we're in our office is just North of Seattle, WA. We are looking for an experienced candidate to help our growing company, and the incredible businesses we support. To learn more about what we do and how you may be able to help, please visit our website.
Our team uses Ruby on Rails and React to develop exceptional solutions at CrystalCommerce. We are work with our other engineering team members, UX web design, and Technical QA Support. We have a great team and a strong culture of positive mindset and never giving up. We are making helpful businesses to have a global online reach, and to empower local companies with a competitive advantage to help them grow.
- Transitioning legacy functionality within core platform.
- Collaborate with our teams to upgrade our applications into new services.
- Work with in-house and remote resources to resolve tickets and uncover any bottlenecks.
- Perform coding best practices and provide engineering support.
- Work with UX design and support members of the team to deploy great code and functionality.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience.
- 3+ years of DevOps experience supporting live site and production systems.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Open source contributions
- Gem author, familiar with tools and publishing gems, how to modularize code into gems.
- Data model design: knows the pros and cons of different data store technologies, and can design data models to take advantage of them.
About the Team
Our growing engineering team is governed by the following set of principles:
- Well tested code - both coder and reviewer agree it meets the standard
- Leave it better than you found it, even if it's just adding comments about how it could be fixed
- There are no dumb questions
- Be excellent to each other
- Don't repeat yourself (modularity, libraries)
- Single responsibility principle
- Data integrity is NOT optional
- Tasks are idempotent
- Pair when possible
- No Silos
- No blame
What we Offer!
- Competitive Pay (This is a salaried position).
- Comprehensive Insurance Package - Medical insurance is covered up to 75% for you AND your family.
- Flexible work schedule and telecommuting opportunities.
- 401(k) with company matching up to 4%. Immediately eligible. Immediately vested.
- Two weeks of paid vacation per year to start, with bonuses for tenure.
- 8 paid Holidays per year plus additional PTO days
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Office Cats! We have two of them, Buddy and Fred.
Please send a resume and cover letter to apply for this position. Failure to do say may result in your application not being accepted.