QR Code Link to This Post
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people. Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management. We take pride in the fact that our multifamily communities are places our residents are proud to call home. Our customer-focused associates set us apart from our competition - managing every aspect of our communities to ensure the highest level of service, value and convenience for residents.
We are searching for a talented Senior Business/Quality Analyst to be based out of our Enter Property and City.
This role is a hybrid of the traditional business analysis and quality assurance roles; bridging the gap between the business' needs and the technical capabilities of IT. Leads strategic requirements gathering and test strategy development on enhancements and small-to-medium projects to ensure that products delivered by IT satisfy business objectives and user expectations and are delivered with quality. Involved from the conception of an initiative through closure, the Senior Business/Quality Analyst understands business processes; gathers, documents, and analyzes business partner requirements; translates requirements to functional design; ensures the design is executed according to specifications and quality characteristics, including planning and managing formal testing cycles; and helps facilitates the handoff of the product to the business lead(s). Applies systems analysis and quality assurance concepts and principles to effectively implement business systems solutions. Interfaces with all business and IT functions affected by each initiative. Supports management with BA/QA Strategy and standards development, implementation, and enforcement. Identifies and implements service improvement opportunities in alignment with department leadership.
- Project/Enhancement Initiation: Develop estimates for analytical tasks in support of RFP / RFI / RFQs and/or implementation of business opportunities. Helps recommend solution sets that meet or exceed the requirements of business partners. Effectively review functional specifications and/or vendor quotes. Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs. Understand business processes and support efforts in assessing the fit of IT solutions. Perform investigational analysis and evaluation to help determine project or application feasibility.
- Project/Enhancement Planning: Apply system development methodologies to analytical tasks for custom and package application projects including the development of detailed business requirement and functional design documentation outlining expectations, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs. Apply general understanding / knowledge of technical architecture of business applications in solution documentation. Develop test strategy/plan for assigned projects.
- Project/Enhancement Execution: Coordinate all testing activities against defined plans, including the following testing procedures: Unit Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Regression Testing. Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions. Manages requirements during execution and helps keep the business aligned to scope and objectives of the initiative. Maintains design and testing documentation during execution and updates in the case of any requirements changes.
- Project/Enhancement Transition and Closure: Create functional training documents and train business leads on new/changed functionality. Assist with cutover planning. Manage defects remediation during post-cutover production stabilization. Ensure all requirement, design, and testing documents are updated and memorialized, ahead of project closure.
- Operations: Contributes to IT Operations activities, including, but not limited to, project quality reviews, resource allocation models, test environment refreshes, and regular disaster recovery testing. Cross-trained and serves as IT Change Management backup resource, which includes enforcing established IT Change Management Policies and Procedures for all production changes; participate in scheduled system maintenance process and related changes/testing requirements; and support Monthly and Quarterly audit processes as needed.
- Provide direction, motivation, training, and support to staff across the enterprise as it relates to requirements and testing processes. Leverage the competencies of IT and business associates to improve and accelerate results. Recognize and manage staff performance and/or personality conflicts across functional teams.
- Helps drive continual process improvement in the areas of business analysis and quality assurance. Creates and maintains templates and training documentation, including training aids, business processes, system procedures, requirement/design templates, testing templates, etc. Develops and monitors quality metrics.
- This position requires an Undergraduate (Bachelor) Degree.
- An additional degree that is preferred for this position include: Business or Information Technology
- 5-7 years of IT experience is required.
- 3-4 years of Quality Assurance experience is required.
- 3-4 years of IT Change and Release Management experience is preferred.
- 3-4 years of Business System Analysis experience is preferred.
- A preferred certification for this position includes: Certificate in discipline - CSTE, CAST, CSMQ or equivalent.
- Required skills for this position include: Analytical Thinking, Commitment to Task, Customer. Partner Orientation, Organization & Planning, Interpersonal Skills, Listening, System & Process Orientation, Attention to Detail, Product Testing (e.g. Quality Assurance), Team Orientation, Decision Making & Problem Solving, IT Service Function, Tolerance of Ambiguity and Issue Identification and Resolution.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace