QR Code Link to This Post
Sr. Director, Information Technology and Security, Boston, MA
One of Boston's fastest growing fintech startups seeks to hire a Senior Director, Information Technology and Security. This person will oversee a small team of 2 and is accountable for all aspects of IT operations of the company. This position is responsible for the effective and efficient operational support of all third-party and internally managed IT systems and infrastructure used to support all business processes across the enterprise.
YOUR CAREER GOALS
Contribute to the mentorship of people while having a superior, service-oriented approach to supporting internal customers. The Director will drive the development and execution of the IT strategy and ensure its alignment with the Company's objectives.
YOUR AMAZING QUALITIES
You're passionate about leading people, with a proven ability to work and meet company and department objectives with little supervision, limited information and minimal direction. You thrive in a fast pace startup and you also have the following experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in management information systems, computer science or related from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of experience managing and supervising staff responsible for help desk, networking, server administration (hosted and cloud based) and system operations in a small to mid-sized Company.
- Strong technical understanding of security systems and network administration (hosted or cloud).
- Strong IT operations acumen and knowledge of formal systems administrative practices and networking systems including user access provisioning, performance monitoring and change control in a multiple platform environment that includes MacOS and Linux devices.
- Experience in development and management of IT policies, operational procedures, disaster recovery plans, internal IT controls and best practices for IT in on-premise and cloud environments.
- Experience with the AWS environment, especially security
- Working knowledge of industry standards for controls and security such as SOC 2, NIST, and ISO required.
And if you've got knowledge or experience in:
- Experience with Endpoint Management; JumpCloud, Octa or similar product
- Experience with tools like CloudForum, Gsuite, NDM
- An ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including: The ability to clearly and effectively communicate with IT staff, departments and executive management.
- Excellent planning and execution skills including: Being well-organized, appropriately attentive to detail and able to work autonomously and meet goals.
...those are certainly pluses!
You must also be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Leadership ability and excellent interpersonal & communication skills here are absolutely essential.
IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR HARD WORK
We offer you:
- A comprehensive health & medical benefits package
- Unlimited PTO
- Great office perks, including catered lunches and happy hours
- Company fun through social events & parties
- Career development & advancement opportunities
- And much more!
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future?