Part-time, Contract Position, early July thru October 2020
QR Code Link to This Post
Small, established Redwood City publisher seeks an experienced and energetic Editor/Writer to take charge of updating our 360-page reference manual. Work includes writing and editing the research, and integrating that new material into the publication. Responsibilities include all coordination with researchers, writing and editing content, and remote oversight of the outside production designerâ€™s final files.
Our researchers are experienced, and content will be received in an organized manner. Our outside production designer has substantial experience with this publication from previous years.
- Review and analyze researchersâ€™ submitted content, followed by necessary integration with the existing text and images to accomplish the updated result.
- Provide completed page files and associated image files to the production designer,
Providing guidance on layout, space, or style issues, as needed.
- Maintain accurate procedures to control the flow of information, and maintain project
Schedules to control all work, and to summarize the point-in-time status of the project.
- Write and edit to maintain compliance with policies, style, and tone.
-B.A. in English, Technical writing or related field; 5 or more years of related experience.
-Self starter and capable of working independently without supervision.
-Exceptional organizational skills.
-Keen interest and focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
-Software skills consistent with this position
- Remote working. SF Peninsula, reasonably near Redwood City.
- Free to devote between 10-20 hours per week to this position.
- $40 to $50 Per Hour, BOE.
If this position matches your skills and interests, please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]