QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are
theCoderSchool is the #1 after-school coding program in Silicon Valley. The future will be ever more dependent on technology so let's get our young generation ready. Learn to Code, Change the World.
Code Coaching remotely via Zoom platform - Unity, Swift, Android a plus!
theCoderSchool San Ramon is looking for passionate Code Coaches to teach our next generation how to change the world! You will meet incredible kids, teach them how to code (and how to think like a coder!), and be rewarded with an amazing experience. This is a part-time position for 2-20 hours/week (same times weekly), depending on your schedule. Our open hours will be generally 1:30 - 7:30 pm on select weekdays and Saturday and Sunday from 9 - 2. We will provide Instructor Training, and will use more of a "teaching methodology" than a curriculum. Much of our teaching will be reverse-engineering games or concepts, and will adapt to a particular student's interests and skills.
A Code Coach is a mentor who teaches kids how to code. At theCoderSchool, we have three basic teaching styles - your assignment will depend on schedule, ability, and desire.
2. Code Class - Scratch and Python groups. Certain coaches that can manage a group of kids will be asked to inspire coders in group Code Class. This has a fixed-curriculum for drag-and-drop languages or Python that you'll teach in a classroom style.
This position rocks because you will:
* Meet, mentor, and grow amazing kids who are ready to learn, and potentially manage a team of kids to create an application.
* Meet and communicate with parents - many of whom will be techies themselves, who work at some of the best companies and startups in Silicon Valley.
* Give back to the community and help grow our next generation by sharing your knowledge of technology
What do we want from you? Read on.
* PASSION. All caps! You ooze excitement for technology; you can't wait to play with the latest 3D gaming platform. Your students must be inspired by your energy and enthusiasm :)
* Great Communicator. There will be plenty of chatting with parents, and of course it's often necessary to explain concepts in a few different ways!
* Kid at heart. Our best coaches understand what gets kids excited because they love the same things: gamers please apply!
* Big bonus for game development and app development: Unity especially. Swift or Android App experience is a plus!
* Experience teaching kids is a plus
Interested? Send us an email with a cover letter and resume. Let's do this!