Diverse Computing, Inc. is seeking a highly-qualified, full-stack Software Engineer to work on-site with one of our public safety customers in Nashville, TN starting immediately. The ideal candidate would have over five (5) years of professional programming experience and be adept with using .Net with C#, Visual Basic, with C++ and Java experience a bonus. The focus of this position is to help our team maintain some critical front-end and back-end software systems that coordinate criminal justice information for the State of Tennessee. This role requires excellent problem solving skills, a strong eye for coding detail, while also providing outstanding customer service.
QR Code Link to This Post
A little bit about Diverse Computing, Inc.
At Diverse Computing, we are passionate about our mission for delivering innovative IT solutions that improve the effectiveness and security of the public safety community. In other words, we create software that has a higher purpose than simply making a profit.
Imagine working for a company where you get to take ownership of your projects. Imagine having the opportunity to play a pivotal role with software that is designed to improve the safety for public safety and law enforcement personnel. Imagine being in a cooperative, team-oriented environment where everyone truly has each other's back. At Diverse Computing, these arenâ€™t just catch phrasesâ€¦ they are part of our everyday reality.
There are other aspects about Diverse Computing that make us an appealing place to work for. We are not a publicly-traded company, and as such, we are not beholden to the demands of shareholders or investors. We also are not a start-up company that could close shop if the next round of venture capital doesn't come through. We ARE a privately-held company with around 60 employees, and that smaller size allows us to be nimble and to make quick adjustments in a constantly-evolving technology field.
If this sounds like an ideal career opportunity for you, please read on for more info!
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Develop and maintain our client's software applications
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code based on specifications
- Write maintainable software that can be understood by software developers of varying skill levels
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Troubleshoot, debug, enhance, and maintain existing software in various languages including C#, Visual Basic, C++, and Java
- Utilize modern front-end technologies and techniques
- Responsibly manage your time and personal schedule to achieve success
- Install, configure, and maintain servers and hosting accounts
- Perform business requirements analysis and application and database design
- Interact with internal staff and our customers to provide excellent training and technical support
- Summarize and document complex technical issues in a way that non-subject matter experts can understand
- Be comfortable designing comprehensive--not necessarily complex--solutions to technical problems
- Have availability to join our after-hours on-call technical support rotation
- Assist in training other team members for support as needed
This job might be ideal for you if you:
- Have over five (5) years of professional software development experience
- Have a high level of mastery with:
- Visual Basic
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Are comfortable and proficient with:
- Database design
- Preferably have experience with Java and/or Bootstrap
- Either live in Nashville, TN or are open with moving to the Nashville area (a moving allowance would be considered)
- Are interested in having a long-term career with us vs. a short-term contracting gig
- Are detail-oriented, work well under pressure, and have an overall optimistic view on life
- Can pass a rigorous criminal background check and drug screening
We ask a lot, but we give a lot in return:
- Competitive salary that is dependent on your experience level
- 100% coverage of monthly health care insurance premiums for yourself with 60% discounted options for family members
- 100% coverage of monthly dental and vision insurance premiums for yourself
- Matching retirement contributions up to 3%
- Relocation assistance if a move to Nashville, TN is required
- 15 days of PTO earned annually with 9 paid vacation days
- Flexible work schedule that includes possible telecommuting opportunities
- Reimbursement for any travel and registration costs related to necessary training
- An award-winning company culture thatâ€™s welcoming, fun, collaborative, and supportive
How to apply:
- Provide an updated resume as either a PDF or MS Word document
- Include a cover letter that contains contact information for three (3) professional references
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.