We are seeking a driven Web Application Developer to join our Development team. The location for this role is our Hoboken office, located minutes from Midtown/Downtown Manhattan.
QR Code Link to This Post
The Firm Incorporated in 2012, we are a 15-member operation within the diversified consumer services industry. Having realized fruitful commercial benefits across Hudson and Bergen counties, we established an in-house IT division in 2017 to develop and implement a system for the business and the vendors. After the successful deployment of internal processes, the business is expanding the IT team to expedite software development projects.
The Role Reporting to the Principal Software Engineer, you will act as a crucial contributor to support web application development efforts. Ideally you will come from a Computer Science background and you must have experience working on front-end development for consumer or enterprise applications with the highest complexity. You will work closely with various business units to understand how to best optimize user experience, and work to create an accessible and top-notch application that leaves an unforgettable impression on its users. The key to this role is a strong engagement with our Development and Management teams to facilitate the implementation of novel and high-quality IT solutions.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, development, implementation, testing and support, and adhere to software development practices set by the team
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Building mobile application strategy and developing prototypes
- Knowledge of UI design principals, usability patterns and best practices
- Participate in design discussions with the team to understand gathered requirements
- Work closely with the team to understand and troubleshoot production components, escalate critical technical issues and potential problems as needed
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- The ideal candidate for this position enjoys programming challenges. We are looking for someone with hands-on web application development experience
- Most importantly you will bring a positive vibe to the team and an excitement to build something great
- Must have a Bachelorâ€™s in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent IT degree
- Minimum 1+ years of hands-on experience building web and mobile applications, or web development (relevant degree may be considered in lieu of experience)
- Advanced knowledge of PHP, CSS
- Java, Objective-C, and Google Cloud Platform experience is a major plus
- Familiarity with web workers and cloud messaging API preferred
- Proficiency in UX/UI design
- Understanding of relational DB models
- Strong analytical ability, willingness to learn, commitment to quality, and integrity
CommitmentThis is a Contract to Hire (Full-Time, 40 hours per week) position with a very high possibility of getting hired full-time after 3 weeks subject to review. The role is in-person at our office in Hoboken, NJ.
Why You Should Apply
- Great learning environment
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
We are committed to cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply.