Weâ€™re a small company with a focus on Virtual Worlds and Virtual Reality - we love exploring new technologies and improving on the old! Unfortunately, some of our tech is a little (okay, very) neglected and needs to catch up! Weâ€™re looking for someone who has experience with sweet talking ancient server infrastructure from times long past, and whoâ€™s down with betraying Windows for her best frenemy, Linux.
QR Code Link to This Post
Weâ€™re currently hiring for the following project, though there may be more projects afterward for the right pro:
- Migrating an existing Windows server infrastructure (IIS servers, msSQL databases, game servers, etc) to a new data center.
- Part of this migration includes .NET applications with little to no information or documentation.
- We are also looking to move away from Microsoft based products and onto their similar Linux counterparts wherever possible.
Knowledge is essential in the following areas:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Active Directory
- IIS configuration and setup for .net applications
- Windows load balancing
- Visual studio
- Linux (mostly Debian based)
Knowledge in the additional following areas is a helpful bonus:
- Tortoise SVN
- Microsoft Exchange
- Apache / Nginx Setup and configuration with Mono
- Postgres / MongoDB
- VmWare and Proxmox
- Any networking experience with Cisco devices or pfSense (VPN setup, Load Balancing, HA, and IP/ID)