QR Code Link to This Post
In addition to applying through our website, please call us & leave a voicemail at 415.234.0596 letting us know why you are perfect for this position. Candidates who do not leave a message will not be considered.
WHAT WE DO
Stride was founded to help fast growing small business owners get and stay in their zones of genius by providing reliable, cloud-based accounting and payroll solutions.Â We exist on the premise that when business owners have trust and confidence in their financials, they can move their business forward faster by making more confident business decisions.Â We employ both commercial off the shelf and custom software to provide efficiencies to our clients, and stay on the cutting edge of the ever-changing accounting industry. We are committed to hiring an elite team of professionals with the knowledge, team-orientation, and communication skills to help our clients grow their businesses.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We work almost exclusively with fast-growing small businesses in professional services and technology. These are organizations that want to better understand their unit economics and that look to Stride to help them capture data correctly in order to make proper investments.Â Â
The Accounting Operations Director is responsible for operational leadership and support, process development and hands-on management of a team of 15-25 accountants. Currently half the team is in the US and half is in the Philippines.Â This servant leader sees the people behind the process and empathetically balances the needs of multiple clients while maintaining a primary focus on the creation, implementation and continuous improvement of standardized accounting processes across the team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Champion Stride Principles throughout your team.Â
* Train and coach an accounting team working remotely in a cloud-based environment to deliver superior outsourced accounting and operational services.
* Coordinate the US and Philippines teams
* Balance workflow by aligning clientâ€™s needs with accountantsâ€™ expertise and capacity.
* Review accountantsâ€™ work to ensure the use of Stride standards
* Address accounting related inquiries, resolving problems and issues promptly, ethically and professionally.
* Maintain gross margin for assigned clients and team.
* Provide exceptional accounting and operational service to our clients.
* Document, train, and initiate changes to existing delivery operations processes.
* Standardize and create high velocity methods wherever possible to streamline processes.
* Own and ensure customer satisfaction utilizing accounting processes and metrics.
* Advise the organization on best practices and available tools to manage business processes.
* Manage operational performance / objectives focused on services delivery operations.
* Implement efficiencies and ways to streamline existing procedures.
* Collaborate with all teams to impart accounting procedural knowledge as it relates to best practices.
* Setup, test, implement and hand-off of accounting processes related to new operating properties and technology.
OUR IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience developing strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
* CPA or equivalent certification preferred.
* 8 years of related accounting experience with 4 years of hands-on management experience including hiring, training and developing a highly engaged service-oriented team.
* Experience in a Public Accounting firm highly desirable.
* Commitment to continuously establish, improve and maintain policies and procedures while holding team members accountable to do the same.
* Confidence in learning and embracing new technology includingÂ QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify.
* Strong IT navigation around web and desktop applications (Google and Microsoft Suites)Â
* Ability to multitask, think independently and problem solve in a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
* Demonstrated clear and professional oral and written communication.
* Highest level of integrity and confidentiality while working with client data.
WHERE AND HOW YOU WORK
* This position works remotely from the location of your choice, in a distraction free environment.Â Â
* You will use your own equipment, which should include high-speed internet, PC with Windows 7 or newer and MS Office, webcam with microphone and speakers, and phone.
* Travel requirements are infrequent.Â We typically have an annual in-person company-wide meeting and you may do some regional face to face meetings with your accounting teams..
* While work schedules can be flexible based on location, this is a full time position
* Medical, dental and vision plans
* HSA medical and savings plans options
* Section 125 Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for health and dependent care expenditures
* Optional additional life insurance at group rates
* 8 paid holidays per year
* Paid time off (prorated for employees who work less than 40 hours per week) which starts with 2 weeks of vacation and up to 8 days of sick leave, per year
* Gym membership reimbursement up to $40 per month, beginning 1st of the month upon completion of 60-days of employment