We are looking for a person part time to provide administrative/accounting support for a light manufacturing company. The position is located in the Cleveland area with manufacturing and distribution is performed in Pennsylvania.
QR Code Link to This Post
We sell 20 products, have about 100 line items of purchased goods, and sell nationwide.
We are looking for an individual.
The ideal candidate will:
- have at least 12 months experience with QuickBooks, or comparable program
- use and understand QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- have a good understanding of general accounting principles
- be very comfortable with Office 365 or equivalent for spreadsheets and document editing
- be comfortable in a paperless office using online storage like Dropbox, and scanning, faxing
Additional qualifications favorable
- experience with inventory control, as well as PO's, Estimates and Invoices
- experience with ZOHO CRM or ZOHO Books
- work from home office 90% of the time
+ you make your own schedule (days of week/time of day)
+ working online using web based software.
- work is in our home office 10% of the time
- Schedule will start off at 5 hours per week, and grow quickly to about 15 hours per week with full training.
- You will be called on once per year to travel to Pennsylvania where the manufacturing and distribution is performed.
This is key to better understand the product we are providing.
We are a 3 person company with everyone working from home.
If you enjoy working from home for a small business where everybody counts, this might be the job for you. We are a closely knit team who communicate mostly by phone and email with customers, vendors and team mates. If you are a self starter with good organizational skills, and accounting background, you are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send a written reply via Craigslist as your letter of introduction (see next paragraph).
ARE YOU GOOD AT WRITING? Most of your communications will be by email, and a little by phone.
Please write a letter to introduce yourself, that we might have a sample of your writing skills. The letter can describe how you think your skills and background pair up with our employment opportunity. Include a paragraph or two to provide a brief bio of your relative work experience, (such as would normally be filled in an employment application, or be contained on a resume).
If it looks like your experience and level of interest are a match:
- we will reach out to you via email to, provide additional information on our company
- if you are interested, schedule a short phone call so you can learn more about the job, answer each others questions.
IN PERSON INTERVIEWS will be scheduled with candidates who's skills and experience fit best with the employment opportunity.