Nationally recognized telecommunications EF&I vendor based out of NY/NJ/PA is seeking qualified candidates to perform detail engineering of telecommunication central office transport equipment. This is a FULL TIME, REMOTE/TELECOMMUTING position. Some traveling may be involved.
QR Code Link to This Post
PTO, Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision, 401K program
Job responsibilities include the creation of detail engineering packages to include detail specification, minor material lists, office record / database updates and reference documentation.
Interested candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Office systems including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Microsoft Access knowledge is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and be familiar with the following equipment:
â€¢ Fujitsu Flashwave 4500, 7500 & 9500
â€¢ Cisco 15454, 12416 & ME3400, NGM-Satellite, NGM-ROADM
â€¢ Juniper MX480, MX960 & T640
â€¢ Ciena 39xx, 54xx, OM5200, OME6500
â€¢ Alcatel 7450 & 7750, TA500
â€¢ Nokia 7360 GPON OLT
â€¢ LGX, Centrix High Density FDF
â€¢ GenBand G6
Duties include :
- Perform detailed equipment engineering for new network build outs and augments.
- Creation of I-Spec which includes: Coordinate Detail Engineering, Equipment/Hardware/Cable Ordering, delivery and Installation. Set and track appropriate dates and facilitate communication/coordination between cross functional teams to ensure successful, on-time completion.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Manage, input, and update Engineering Databases (i.e. ICON, Venueâ€¦) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
- Provide general guidance to installation teams working on the engineering packages.
- Resolve a wide array of engineering issues in coordination with other internal/external organizations.
- Maintain higher level privileges and access to system applications that are required to manipulate the engineering data.
Candidates must have a solid understanding of the GR1275, IP 72202, IP72013 Version 7, TP-76300 TP-76400 documents.
Experience with specific telco systems to include ICON, CCC, Venue, VIPS, EIU/ELP, TABdb, Nise-C, CLSEA, RESPOND, Visio and IIDI is preferred.
Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Previous work history with AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, CenturyLink
- Clean and valid driver license
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment and drug screening
- Must be able to pass customer mandated pre-employment and annual background security investigations
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or three or more years of work experience for the duties detailed.
Ideal candidates may also have:
- A Technical degree.
- Three or more years of relevant experience with Detail Engineering and Center Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in the MS Office suite.
- Ability to be detail oriented.
- Knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business.