âž¤ PLEASE HAVE AT LEAST 10 YEARS of work experience in order to apply.
QR Code Link to This Post
This is a remote employee position â€“ NOT 1099. This slot is for our overflow work and requires between 3 hours to 12 hours per week of work. The work can be done at ANY time (day or night) but requires phone conversation(s) before starting a project. There are also occasional face-to-face meetings in NYC.
Here's what we need:
* SOLID Proficiency with Illustrator & Photoshop. InDesign skills are also helpful. We THOROUGHLY test Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills.
* Understanding of the constraints involved in producing graphics for prepress AND the web.
* Insatiable curiosity and passion for graphic design industry.
* You must live in Greater NYC. New York City Metro Area ONLY. ALL the Boroughs qualify as acceptable. So does Jersey City, Hoboken, and Northern NJ, but anything over a 60-minute commute via Google maps to Times Square by public transportation will not be accepted. We VERIFY your ACTUAL permanent residential address so please be honest. (We meet in-person about once every 30 days.)
* You must be able to PERMANENTLY legally work in the USA (without additional sponsorship). WE VERIFY WORK AUTHORIZATIONS.
The low-down on your responsibilities and our expectations:
* You can design an elegant logo, web elements or PRINT piece from start to finish; concept to implementation. In this role, you must also be able to analyze existing client work and improve upon them by creating exciting new creative elements. Your Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills/knowledge WILL BE TESTED.
* You must be a self-motivated designer with a record of success who can think creatively, brainstorm regularly, meet deadlines and work alone or within a team.
* You must show impeccable attention to detail and show a strong desire to explore new ideas!
Starting hourly rate ranges from $29-$34/hour based on experience and portfolio. We offer performance reviews every 90 days. THIS IS A PERMANENT PART-TIME POSITION. You should be focused, passionate about design. Please send a link to your portfolio along with your resume. If your COMMERCIAL design portfolio is extremely thin, PLEASE do not apply - it won't be a fit.
Interested? Send ATTACH a resume. Also include a portfolio link or PDF samples of some of your best work.
Please remember to send all your contact information with your resume. You should list the Borough/city/town you reside in - not just a phone number. Thank you!