QR Code Link to This Post
Responsible for providing outstanding system administration and technical service delivery to our managed services clients.
Our Network Engineers have an opportunity to instill confidence in our customers every time we receive a request or problem report. They are the first point of contact. This is a critical position in our organization. We need a person who can work independently in accordance with established technical and administrative procedures, prioritize inbound service requests from multiple customers, manage several open requests at one time, and move easily between them. They need to think quickly, ask clarifying questions, use available information to make rational decisions, and communicate positively while under pressure. They need to be empathetic, have a strong desire to resolve our customersâ€™ problems and keep customers informed of the status of their requests while reassuring them that we will solve their problems.
A plus if you have the ability to travel to client sites (with advanced scheduling). You will be reimbursed for all travel expenses.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Focus on the client and team experience in all job activities!
- Support and administration of Windows network environments, Office 365, Azure, VMWare,
Citrix, network monitoring, and patch management.
- Work on small to large, complex projects in various technical environments and industry verticals, either as a project team member or a project lead.
- Lead in the design, build, configuration, and troubleshooting of software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
- Resolve end-user support requests from a variety of clients (automated assignment).
- Must be self-starter, organized, accountable and passionate for client service delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, translating technical terminology and specifics to easily understood common terminology.
- Assist in creating new documentation and updating existing documentation for processes and systems.
- Maintain the integrity of the client network and security.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with Hyper-V, VMWare, and ESXi required.
- Experience with SolarWinds RMM and other similar tools.
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting server operating systems: Windows 2008R2/2012/2016/2019, Linux a plus
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting desktop operating systems: Windows 7, 10, OS X
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting various backup and antivirus solutions at the desktop and enterprise level.
- Experience with supporting various server applications (SQL, IIS, etc.)
- Experience with Office 365 Hosted Exchange, Azure AD, Citrix XenApp, StoreFront, virtual application delivery and optimization.
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting your resume:
1. What past project or job have you had that is most like this one and why?
2. If you have an upset client, how do you help diffuse the situation? And what actions might you take after the situation is resolved to rebuild/reinforce the client relationship
3. Are you flexible to work on a part-time / as-needed basis, ultimately growing into a full-time position?
4. Are you able to travel within the US for project needs?
5. Please describe your work personality.