At The Matian Firm, our expert legal team is a driving force behind our continued success. Weâ€™re in search of an experienced paralegal to join this team and help maintain the standard of excellence for which weâ€™re known. The paralegal will have an immediate and have an effect on our operations, guiding us toward positive outcomes with comprehensive legal research, document creation, and database maintenance. You and your team will work in collaboration to ensure that criminal matter within' department are moving along. As the Criminal Defense Paralegal you have a working knowledge of current legislative and regulatory guidelines and experience in Criminal Defense. The Matian Firm is proud to offer comprehensive, specialized services, which start with our own attention to the letter of the law. The Criminal Defense Paralegal will report directly to the Department Supervisor.
QR Code Link to This Post
- Maintain communication with clients and provide case updates promptly
- Manage attorney schedule efficiently (attorney-client meetings, court appearances, etc.)
- Process criminal cases for trial preparation including legal documents, data entry, and correspondence.
- Complete a daily court calendar, obtains jury panels, and issues discovery to defense attorneys.
- Prepare subpoenas and cancels subpoenas when trials are completed, dismissed, or continued.
- Enter revocation petitions and prepares files for court.
- Request criminal history documentation including national, state, and local criminal histories, booking photos, arrest records, juvenile criminal histories, and Bureau of Motor Vehicle records.
- Schedule appointments for defense attorneys to meet with deputy prosecutors, depositions, and pretrial conferences.
- Assist victims with restitution information, no contact orders, subpoenas, and court dates.
- Communicate with law enforcement individuals at the federal, state, and local level, the general public, and - victims and witnesses in criminal cases.
- Perform a variety of office related activities to support Department functions including back-up of co-workers and front desk responsibilities that involve dealing directly with the public regarding criminal complaints. Process daily mail
- At least 2 years of Criminal Defense experience
- Are bilingual (English/Spanish) with high proficiency
- Previous experience as a paralegal or other legal field
- Experience with Case Management Software
Do you have a passion for Criminal Defense and a desire to work within an organization with lots of room for growth? Here at the Matian Firm, we offer that, benefits(medical, dental and vision insurance), catered lunches, an excellent compensation package, 401(k) plan, catered lunches, paid parking, paid time off, and more! Come work as a Criminal Defense Paralegal at a growing firm with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a team of professionals within' the legal industry. Apply now!
The Matian Firm, APC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We're dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.