Do you want to be part of a passionate and driven team? Are you excited by the fast pace of an entrepreneurial, thought-leading organization?
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are
Indie Beauty Media Group (IBMG) is a platform for beauty entrepreneurs to disrupt the conventional beauty space. Our mission is to champion the small but powerful independent brands that make up the fastest growing, most sought after segment of the beauty market. We bring brands together with top buyers, press, consumers, vendors, and investors to foster relationships, share stories, and grow larger than they ever thought possible.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Controller to oversee finance operations for all business units comprising IBMG and help build financial systems for the future of the Company. Position will also provide financial advice and support to key decision makers within the Company.
In this capacity, you will:
- Define and implement key accounting policies, including but not limited to revenue recognition policies. Maintain familiarity with new accounting pronouncements and guidelines and implement accordingly.
- Manage/Oversee all accounting activities underlying the monthly close process and preparation of Company financial statements.
- Supervise finance staff in the facilitation of day-to-day operations and provide assistance with problem solving when needed.
- Interface with external accountants as needed for review/audit and tax purposes.
- Work closely with Strategy & Corporate Development to support financial modeling process.
- Oversee Company-Wide budgetary planning. Assist Business Units, if needed. Prepare actual to budget variance reports for management based on desired comparisons.
- Monitor/forecast cash flow.
- Be responsible for the Human Resources function within the Company:
Assist with hiring: advertising, interviewing, offers, onboarding
Have familiarity with EEOC and ensures compliance
Research benefit plans and make recommendations
Be the point of contact for payroll and benefit issues, and facilitates resolution with brokers
- Interface with external legal counsel as needed.
- Create and maintain relationships with service provides and contractors, including banking institutions.
- Oversee Corporate Travel policy.
- Maintain a policy manual for the Companyâ€™s Finance processes.
- Manage Company risk/insurance programs.
- Manage all systems utilized within Finance, including current ERP system. When necessary, recommend and manage process of converting to more robust systems to scale the business.
- Establish procedures and processes for transacting business in other states.
- Establish procedures and processes for transacting business in other countries.
- Supervise Staff Accountant
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA or CPA candidate
- 7+ years of progressive experience in an Accounting and/or Finance function
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, Google Docs
- Supervisory experience
- Exceptional Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and connect the dots between Accounting processes and the overall IBMG business model and future strategy.
- Savvy understanding of systems and system integrations