QR Code Link to This Post
Operating Room Assistant
DonorConnect is a federally designated nonprofit community service organization dedicated to the recovery of organs and tissues to be used for life-saving transplants.Â Our employees help save and heal lives! We offer an attractive salary designed to attract and retain qualified individuals.
We are currently seeking an experienced Operating Room Assistant to perform OR Assistant functions on an as-needed basis.Â This position provides assistance during organ recovery procedures and plays a key role in the recovery of life-saving organs for transplantation. This position is a per-diem position, with a very competitive salary paid on a per-case basis.
Under the direction of the Manager of Surgical Services:Â
- Assumes responsibility for assisting with the recovery of organs. Completes on-call functions as assigned. Assists with the preparation of equipment and supplies, and supports and assists OR staff. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.Â
- Assumes responsibility for the role of Operating Room Assistant during organ recovery procedures. Assists the surgeon in clinical activities; assists and directs OR staff as necessary. Participates in ensuring all organs are correctly identified, packaged, and labeled.Â
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining individual skills and competencies, attending educational and training activities as required, and ensuring adequate participation in cases to maintain proficiency.Â
- All employees are expected to be professional, polite, and positive; assume good intent, be respectful, supportive, share expertise, and facilitate team interactions. Behavior is consistent with DonorConnect values and is reflected both inside and outside the organization.Â
- Completion of a recognized Surgical Technologist course is required, National CST certificate is preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of organ and tissue transplant fields
- Understanding of the operating room environment
- Two years' experience as a surgical technician or four years' experience in organ/tissue recovery with applicable OR knowledge
- Excellent public relations and interpersonal abilities
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Attentive to detail and able to maintain accurate records
- Able to work well with all levels of personnel in hospital settings and within the differing guidelines of each institution
- Works well under stressful conditions
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Click Here to Apply or use the link below