Tube City Community Media Inc., publisher of The Tube City Almanac and operator of WMCK.FM Internet radio, is seeking one or more freelance writers to cover news and feature stories in the McKeesport/Duquesne area.
QR Code Link to This Post
Contributors will be paid on a per-assignment basis for the work, plus expenses. These are not salaried positions.
A strong interest in local news and feature stories is a must!
High school and college students seeking work experience are encouraged to apply; Tube City Community Media is willing to work with students who need credit toward class assignments.
Payment rate is negotiable and payments to correspondents will be made upon acceptance.
- Excellent written communications skills
- Polite behavior and professional appearance
- Previous experience as a writer on a high school or college newspaper, or non-fiction blog
- Open to editing and changes to stories, if necessary
- Access to reliable transportation
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Must not be a candidate for public office, and must not have been a candidate within the past two years; and must not currently be engaged in political campaigning of any kind
Please send cover letter, resume, two writing samples and the name of a reference (an employer, supervisor, teacher, etc. -- not a relative).
Tube City Community Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by county, state and federal law.