- We are a newly-formed, yet well-funded US-based startup that is building out a content website about the US personal finance industry. The initial focus will be on the US automobile insurance industry. This is for remote and contract positions. We are seeking 2-3 full time or part-time writers and copy editors to join our content writing team. Your scope of work is to create compelling data-driven and well-researched articles. We require submission of writing samples.
QR Code Link to This Post
- We expect writers and copy editors to work 10-40 hours a week, depending on availability. Depending on level of experience, we pay competitive compensation ($15-30/hour). Qualified seniors, new graduates, or graduate students are welcome to apply.
- Greatly curious and obsessed with learning about personal finance topics in the US, especially auto insurance
- A versatile writer who enjoys helping consumers navigate personal finance topics
- A data-driven writer who can translate complicated datasets into easy to understand narratives and engaging stories. Excel proficiency, especially in such advanced techniques as pivot tables are preferred.
- Excellent at time management, prioritization, and handling multiple projects at once
- Scrappy and fast paced, with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- High integrity, honest, and professional
- Experience in researching and writing about the US personal finance industry; an added plus if you have experience writing about the US automobile insurance industry
- Some experience in writing consumers-focused content, preferably in US personal finance industry
- An understanding of social media best practices and etiquette
- Demonstrated ability - portfolio of previous work and writing samples
- Experience with Wordpress and SEO writing is a bonus
- Undergraduate degree required with a plus for majors in journalism, media, communication, economics, English literature, psychology, or history.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Work from home
- Opportunity for career progression
If you are interested, please submit your resume and 2-3 writing samples, preferably in personal finance topics and of data-driven to [email protected] We will contact qualified candidate for interview.