FinOptimal seeks licensed CPAs with in-house experience supervising an accounting team.
QR Code Link to This Post
The company provides outsourced financial operations services including accounts payable and receivable, monthly close, management reporting, and other related processes for small businesses. Our value proposition with respect to competitors is technology-driven: more efficient, standardized, automated processes let us deliver higher-quality, lower-cost service.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Diagraming the bookkeeping systems of new and existing FinOptimal clients
- Monitoring communication with clients
- Troubleshooting automated accounting routines in cooperation with technical teams
- Ensuring a healthy flow of ongoing and monthly accounting tasks performed by other team members
- Escalating serious concerns to executive leadership
The responsibilities of team members you will superviseâ€”and you should be comfortable performing them yourself if/when necessaryâ€”include):
- Client service -- requires well-prioritized, courteous, and thoughtful response to client requests, demonstrating very strong written and spoken communication skills
- Bank reconciliation, monthly review of clients' general ledger, and the clean-up that goes with each
- Fixed asset and inventory accounting, including depreciation and COGS computation
- Reporting and modeling -- requires very strong Excel and Google Spreadsheet skills
- Maintenance of clients' QuickBooks Online companies -- strong existing knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop is an acceptable starting point, but direct QBO experience is preferred
The right applicants are comfortable with processes that change regularly to improve efficiencies. They are thought partners in improving these processes and play a key role in driving service value. Advancement opportunities exist for especially motivated, skillful candidates.
The work is entirely remote. The company has no central office, and emails and phone calls are the primary FinOptimal communication tools. Hours are flexible, but performance standards are very high. Confidentiality and data security are key, and best practices are strictly enforced.
A current CPA license is required.
To apply, take a very quick, six question skills assessment and tell us about yourself here.