CIWare is a startup software company focused on creating tools for professional systems integrators (a.k.a. â€œCustom Integrator/Installersâ€ or CIâ€™s). CIâ€™s provide design, procurement, installation and support services for residential and commercial customers â€“ they are the ones on the front lines who tame the rapidly evolving world of AV, smart home, online services and ioT to create comfortable, productive, and entertaining living/work environments for their clients. The markets for related hardware, software, digital content and implementation services are undergoing rapid change, leading to disruption of long held status quos. To help us create innovative new software products in this space, weâ€™re looking for an entrepreneurially minded Senior Software Programmer to join us in our mission to help CIâ€™s improve their technical capabilities and business profitability.
QR Code Link to This Post
Youâ€™ll be programming our back-end services and databases under the direction of a world-class software/systems architect who is leading our technology charge. Youâ€™ll learn a lot, contribute essential components to our product, work hard, and get in on the ground floor of an exciting opportunity.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Experience developing with teams using Agile techniques (iterations, stories, story points)
4. Proven relational database experience and expertise with MySQL or MSFT SQL Server (We use MariaDB)
5. Ability to design and develop SQL Stored Procedures
6. Preferably, have experience in NodeJS programming
7. MUST be fluent in GIT and be proficient in developing stories in feature branches / merging / conflict resolution.
8. Comfortable with Unit test development (We use Mocha and Chai)
9. Comfortable with Linux as a development platform (We use VS Code on Raspberry Pi as our standard dev platform)
Interested? Send us an email with an intro letter and VERY brief resume and we promise weâ€™ll get back to you quickly.
We are Headquartered in White Salmon, WA in the Columbia Gorge. We are open to working remotely, and to employee or contractor work structures. Compensation will be commensurate with ability to contribute. Employee benefits (health care!) are available.