A new private equity fund run by a former senior investment banker is seeking interns. The fund will invest in midsize companies in the US. This unpaid internship will last for 12 weeks.
QR Code Link to This Post
Description of Internship
This internship will provide hands on learning of many of the core activities of an associate or analyst working at a private equity firm or investment bank. Interns will work closely with the Managing Partner and be exposed to live deals and transactions. Candidates should expect to develop a variety of key skills and experience that will help them secure full-time positions in private equity, investment banking or consulting.
Interns that complete the program will be able to research and determine the attractiveness of various companies and industries, learn to value those businesses, and create a pipeline of attractive acquisition targets.
Interested candidates should reply with a copy of your resume and a brief description of why you would be a great candidate for this internship. We will respond to top candidates within 1 week and schedule an initial phone interview.
Details of Intern's Role
- Research and identify attractive industries based on the fund's investment criteria
- Develop an understanding of business models for selected industries
- Production of outreach emails and letters to potential business sellers
- Review of confidential information on potential acquisitions
- Financial analysis, modeling, and valuation of companies
- Participation in phone calls with investment bankers and small business owners
- Significant training and mentorship will be provided by the Managing Partner to ensure interns maximize their learning and experience
The work is typically eligible for college credit and we will provide letters of recommendation as well as introductions to our network of contacts in financial services for strong performers.
Who Should Apply
- Highly motivated candidates who have a strong and proven interest in the fields of private equity, investment banking, entrepreneurship and finance
- Candidates who are resourceful and have a natural curiosity for how businesses work, a tenacious attitude towards research, and the ability to think independently
- Undergrad, MBA, and Recent Grads may apply
- Candidates must commit to a minimum of 20 hours a week, but you can work remotely and create your own schedule
Once we purchase a business there will also be opportunities for full time paid roles within the purchased companies.