QR Code Link to This Post
About The Groomsman Suit
Being in a wedding is both an honor and an investment. Oftentimes for groomsmen, itâ€™s an investment that leaves them with only memories of their handsome look. Rental options are limited to tuxedos and if you are asked to buy a suit, the average price of that purchase is going to cost you at least $300. There are few brands that provide quality, affordable suiting options specifically targeted to wedding parties. With thousands of bridal stores in the US, groomsmen deserve at least one vendor that is solely focused on conveniently providing them with wedding wear they can keep.
The Groomsman Suit (TGS) has designed and manufactured tuxedos and suits that are priced below the cost of the traditional rental at $180. We have been able to create a line of suiting options with an updated fit, high-quality fabrics, and construction. Our brand is unique in that we are focused on only selling menâ€™s wedding wear online.
What Weâ€™re Looking For
- Experience with PHP, Laravel and the LAMP stack in general.
- Bonus points for familiarity with Shopify, Shopify API, Slate themes, and Liquid templating.
- Extra bonus points for experience with MySQL and Chrome Extension development.
- Only those who mention french fries in their email will be considered.
- An understanding of cross-browser testing and graceful degradation.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Assist in expanding TGSâ€™ back-end applications. Some things you may do:
- Integrate with third-party APIs such as Shopify (customer, orders, and shop data), Newgistics (shipping and fulfillment) and Retention Science (email).
- Create CRUD endpoints for TGSâ€™ own REST API.
- Write cron jobs to send emails, update Shopify metafields, and more.
- Build and expand on dashboards to help admins manage wedding groups, returns, and trials.
- Refactor less-than-ideal code when time allows.
- Assist in improving our front-end experience:
- Optimize our website for both desktop and mobile performance using Google Lighthouse.
- Add functionality to our private Shopify apps using Laravel and Shopifyâ€™s Embedded App SDK.
- Add functionality to TGSâ€™ in-house Chrome Extension to add features to the Shopify dashboard.
- Work with our SEO team to implement changes to meta tags, alt fields, and more.
- Develop, test and deploy email templates that look beautiful in all modern email clients. Using table layouts with IE fallbacks is important.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
- $45-55k/yr salary, based on experience.
- Performance plan in place to offer 2-6% quarterly bonuses
- Exciting startup environment
- Work-from-home flexibility
- Open vacation policy
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- 20% off all products
Please reply to the craigslist posting with your cover letter and a link to your portfolio and resumÃ©.