Avenue Cyclery is looking for a full time/part time bicycle mechanic or salesman with experience at a full service shop. We are family owned business that happens to be the 2nd oldest shop in SF. Our shop is growing and we want someone to join our enthusiastic, bicycle loving team. We value a high standard of technical bike knowledge and expertise, but more importantly, are looking for someone who will VALUE & RESPECT the customer as much as we do. We can get inundated with customers once in a while, so patience and calm demeanor under pressure is a must. We promote a no-pressure sales environment and laid back work culture as long as all the necessary tasks are completed. As much as we like making a sale, we like building customer relationships. We view every customer as an individual as well as a member of the greater San Francisco bicycle community. No pitches, no pressure, no up-sells. If this sounds good, read on...THE ROLE INCLUDES:
QR Code Link to This Post
repairing, servicing, and assessing the condition of new and used bikes
* consistent and solid sales ability in regard to parts and bicycle accessories
* light cashier duties
* bike builds
* assisting management in ordering tools, accessories, parts
* sharing product and mechanical knowledge with customers
* required weekend work days applicant must exhibit and possess:
* patience under pressure
* strong communication and customer service skills
* ability to manage time effectively and adhere to strict deadlines in a potentially fast-paced environment
* a minimum full time three years experience as a bicycle mechanic
* high standard of workmanship
* excellent problem solving and attention to detail
* high level of production knowledge in cycling industry
Pay depends on your experience
* Email us your resume; preferably with job references.
Thanks for looking and we hope to talk to all of you soon!
About This Business
Longtime neighborhood shop features brand-name bikes, rentals & accessories, plus repair services.