SteepRock is looking for a Senior Business Analyst (BA) who has deep healthcare SaaS/Cloud system delivery experience.
QR Code Link to This Post
As a key member of our Professional Services team, the Senior BA will be at the forefront of our mission in achieving our goals in three main areas:
- Creating design documents and functional specifications based on customer challenges and business needs; facilitating project communication to ensure a successful implementation based on the customers' requirements.
- Producing high quality project documentation, including system process maps, business requirements, functional specifications and user acceptance test scenarios.
- Becoming a customer advocate, working closely with other SteepRock teams (Business Development, Engineering, Support, Training) to ensure customer success today and in the future.
Opportunities are available across the United States for this role. The work location is virtual within the US. Qualified US-based candidates are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will work where they live, not live where they work. Candidates must be US citizens, permanent US residents or other willing to sponsor their own H1-B applications as a pre-requisite of employment.
- Transform configuration documents into functional business requirements in cooperation with team members
- Assure process compliance with all regulatory and SteepRock procedural requirements including consistent traceability of documents to functional business requirements
- Create and review test cases for use in Quality Assurance testing.
- Support Development and Quality Assurance efforts as needed, including end user testing and support of debugging efforts.
- Lead life sciences customers in the rapid configuration and implementation of SaaS systems to support client needs, such research and grant management, within SteepRock's proprietary Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Provide project management including delivery of required documentation, follow-up with customer cross-functional teams, and project task tracking
- Complete remote and on-site client consulting for system functionality.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- 5+ years' direct experience working with SaaS modules in medical/clinical operations, and/or grant/research management in a business analyst/project management/consultant role
- Working Knowledge of grant and/or external research processes across pharmaceuticals, medical device and/or biotech sectors, specifically as they relate to document and data collection
- Proven track record leading high-impact global system implementation programs for life sciences as a consultant, business or IT lead and/or business sponsor for SaaS systems
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholder teams, and ensure delivery and a high degree of satisfaction
- Ability and willingness to "roll up your sleeves", dig into the details and help implement a solution
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team
- Good business judgement, logical problem solving and an excellent eye for detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and project deliverables
- Proven track record of meeting project timelines/deliverables and producing quality results on time and on budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to present complex configuration design concepts into clear and concise requirements
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time (may include international travel)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. SteepRock does not provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position (but would agree to be a sponsor company at no cost to SteepRock).
Nice to Have:
- Experience with life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements
- Consulting experience
- MS Project experience
- PMP certification
- Proximity to major life sciences customer hub (NJ; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL)
- 18-year history of innovation in SaaS applications exclusively for the life sciences industry
- Focus on client results, not on just more and more sales
- Recognition that our colleagues are the most important resource in the company - average tenure is 7 years for all employees
- Culture of rewarding performance, training, and offering growth opportunities
- Above average compensation