QR Code Link to This Post
Do you enjoy coding, but also enjoy talking to business users? Do you want to report to a manager you can respect technically?
A little about us:
If so, read on!
A little about you:
- We are Sembit - a small Portland-based consulting firm. We're a team of 10 diverse developers living in the Portland area.
- We work for clients of varying size. This opening is to primarily work on a project for one of our smaller Portland-area customers.
- We really, really care about employees. We will treat you how we want you to treat us: with respect and friendliness.
- You are comfortable with the command line. We use an IDE for writing code, but also do some automation via the command shell.
- You are interested in using Go. You either have experience using Go (strongly preferred) or have played around with it and want to use it more.
- You are careful about tracking your time, and are fast / efficient. We bill for every minute we work, but do not bill for time we are not working.
- You have 5+ years experience writing software (10+ preferred). You can provide multiple possible solutions for a general customer change request, you can clarify requirements with a customer, and you can create code that is just complex enough to handle the requirements.
- You have 5+ years experience using SQL, MS Sql Server preferred. Ideally, you've written very complex reporting queries with multiple subqueries and 10+ tables in the join clause. Since you're full-stack, you've modified the database layers as you coded against the UI.
- You are able to commute to South Beaverton. Our office is near the intersection of Hall Blvd and Hwy 217. For the first few months,
we will need you in the office as you learn the existing code base and customer needs.
After that, you could transition to working from home 50-90% of the time, if communication continues to be excellent.
- You enjoy working with capable people. You will be working under someone who has substantial experience working in Go and SQL Server.
Come check us out at sembit.com. Our interview process is friendly and painless. Send us your resume - we look forward to talking to you!