AggData is an exciting online-based company that provides business location data to many different company types and industries - from the Fortune 500 retailer looking to track competitors to the small tech startup using our data to innovate their location services. We have a niche product that sells itself as soon as the customer realizes the use and value of the data to their business.
QR Code Link to This Post
This job is fairly flexible. You will have the option to work from home most of the time, and just come into our DuPont office once or twice a week. Pay range is DOE. Benefits include Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, 401K with Company-Matched Funds, Paid PTO and Holidays. While the primary responsibility is development, you will also contribute to supporting our production environment which needs to be available 24/7/365. You may, on occasion, be needed off hours to troubleshoot and fix issues.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer with broad development skills. Initial projects will focus heavily in use of NodeJS and Ruby on Rails, but we want someone who can easily adapt to new technologies and can find the best tool for the job.
What You Will Be Doing
- Experience as a backend software engineer or equivalent
- Experience with NodeJS, PHP, and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Proper DB architecture (both RDBMS and NoSQL)
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with REST APIs
- Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred
- Experience with AWS (Plus)
- Experience with Python (Plus)
- Startup experience (Plus)
How To Apply?
- Design new implementations to match product specifications
- Develop and improve software modules relating to data processing and machine learning
- Test new code and expand test coverage of existing code
- Troubleshoot complex systems
- Follow latest software engineering techniques and trends
- Write efficient, well-designed code with a clean separation from the frontend
- Drive the project and be able to make critical tech decisions
- Ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels
- Email us, with your resume and cover letter, at jobs at aggdata dot com along with your salary requirements and availability. Please reference "Senior Software Developer" in the subject line of the email.
- Give us your GitHub username or code sample and tell us about something you've built that you're proud of.