Michigan International Talent Solutions (MITS) is a state-wide program of the Michigan Office for New Americans. MITS is a free job search training program designed to support highly skilled immigrants return to their professional field in Michigan. The MITS program provides free professional job-search training, coaching, and access to Michigan employers. MITS partners with Upwardly Global, a national non-profit, to deliver this free job seeker program in Michigan. Click here for some of Upwardly Global's program alumni success stories: https://upwardlyglobal-refugees.squarespace.com/
QR Code Link to This Post
The MITS program is currently accepting foreign professionals with overseas professional experience.
Applicants accepted into the MITS program will have access to the following benefits and training assistance:
* Work with a dedicated staff member to create a working and customizable resume and cover letter targeted to industry-specific jobs.
* Gain access to the professional network through extensive connections with U.S. professionals and employers.
* Attend workshops on how to market yourself in the U.S. job search; and be invited to mock interview sessions with industry professionals.
* Your resume might be presented to our Employer Network upon completion of training.
In order to qualify for the Michigan International Training Program (MITS) free training program, you must meet all of the following requirements at the time of application:
1. Have permanent resident/refugee/asylee/affirmative pending asylum status with full work authorization (EAD); L-2 and H-2 visa holders are also eligible
2. Have a bachelor's degree or higher from a non-U.S. institution
3. Have some working experience outside the U.S.
4. Live in the U.S. 5 years or less
5. Have not worked in the U.S. in your professional field
6. Possess computer skills and intermediate English language skills
7. Highly motivated and able to participate in online or in-person training programs
8. Must be currently residing in the U.S. at the time of your application. Upwardly Global is unable to provide services to applicants not yet settled in the country.
If you, or someone you know, are a foreign educated and trained professional, and meet all the requirements above, please use the following link to complete an online application: http://www.michigan.gov/MITS
* Please make sure to reference "Craigslist "Detroit" as your referral source detail when prompted while filling out to have your application expedited for review.