Hi. We're Mortar, a San Francisco advertising and branding agency dedicated to helping companies make big strategic decisions and producing work to create A-ha moments for their customers. We're building a pool of Production Designers to work with us on a freelance basis when we're operating at peak volume (which is often). Perfectionism is your middle name, and you're not afraid to shout it. You will be responsible for creating and supporting the visual design and production of our print and digital deliverables.
QR Code Link to This Post
- Design and execute campaign assets across digital platforms like ad banners, website mastheads, social brand assets (basic animation or video editing a plus) and print production materials, including tradeshow, direct mail, magazine and brochure layouts.
- Set up documents, templates, and finished artwork, properly preparing files for production.
- Review documentation to ensure files meet template and spec requirements.
- Work with vendors and supplied specifications to create pixel-perfect and print-ready final assets.
- Religiously follow and implement brand style guidelines, producing consistent and compelling designs.
- Proofread artwork for design and copy errors.
- Meet deadlines while juggling many projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Be a true team player who interacts and collaborates well with peers, supervisors, and clients.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years of graphic design production experience in a production heavy environment, such as agencies or large in-house marketing
- A portfolio that showcases excellent design production skills in both print and digital media.
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- High proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, and Microsoft Office. Adobe AfterEffects, Premier, or Animate are a plus.
- Ability to take direction from leadership and incorporate feedback.
- Skilled in prepress, file preparation, digital file transfer, and printing techniques.
- Proper file management and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and to work independently.
Assignments vary from a few days to a few weeks. Work may be performed either at the Mortar office off Union Square in San Francisco, or remotely.
To apply for inclusion in our freelance pool, please send us a link to your portfolio and CV along with any exciting facts about yourself that you think we should know.