Join a growing team that has shaped on-site digital experiences for clients such as Kings Dominion, Virginia Tech, University of Washington Medical Center, Crowne Plaza, Wing Zone and the Navy Pier's Shoreline Sightseeing.
QR Code Link to This Post
Mvix, a leading digital signage provider in the Dulles Technology Corridor is offering an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Associate with a specialization in Linux.
Job duties include but are not limited to assembling custom linux computers, installing application-specific software, working with bleeding-edge components, and learning fascinating applications of the x86_64 architecture.
The technical associate will be part of a dynamic team of R&D associates, support agents, UI/UX developers and production associates, and will provide support for an exciting software product that was recently voted Best in Show at InfoComm 2017 and that also won the Best Software DIGI Award (2017). The software drives our SaaS model and cloud-based applications for digital signage solutions, video walls, and interactive kiosk systems.
We offer flexible hours and are looking for both part-time and full-time associates. The hours are Monday-Friday between 9 AM - 6 PM.
This is an entry-level position, ideally suited for high school and college students or individuals looking to get started in the technology field. Students from ITT-tech, NOVA, GMU, Virginia Tech etc. are encouraged to apply. Self-learners thrive at our company.
Interested? Apply here: mvixusa.com/careers
- Initiative and problem solving capabilities
- Significant experience with Linux (Ubuntu, preferred) and BASH scripting
- Some experience with OS installs / imaging / driver compilations
- Basic knowledge of JAVA or Android OS
- Be well spoken and able to assist clients over the phone
- Above all, have the desire to learn
Why is Mvix such an exciting place to work? We'll let our accolades do the talking!
- Listed in the 20 Most Promising Digital Signage Solution Providers of 2018
- Voted Best in Show at InfoComm 2018 and 2017
- Ranked in The 20 Best Companies to Watch in 2017 by Insights Success
- Awarded Best Digital Signage Software by DIGI (2017)
- Acknowledged as one of the 50 Best Workplaces of 2016 by The Silicon Review
- generous PTO, sick leave and holidays
- health and dental insurance
- company-sponsored travel
- ongoing certification opportunities
- competitive 401k match
- flexible hours (no weekend/overnight shifts)
- gym membership reimbursement
- company-funded professional development
Our Technical Team career route and growth plan describes our Technical Positions / Levels & their relevant task lists. The goal is to illustrate a standard "career route" for a new team member joining the tech team. While each group has distinct tasks and responsibilities, we expect that all Technical Team members will contribute in each task group as they progress and grow within the organization.
We also get together for catered lunches, team-building events, town-hall meetings, spontaneous brainstorming sessions, birthdays, anniversaries & other milestone celebrations and happy hours.
Did we mention we are a pet-friendly environment?
Our team is expanding quickly, so apply today at mvixusa.com/careers
Download the Mvix Interview Guide to start getting ready - we look forward to speaking with you soon!