QR Code Link to This Post
A dedicated nurse that seeks the chance to better someone else's life and provide relief to a family. AllumÃ© is dedicated to providing Remarkable Careâ„¢ by impacting others in a positive way. Someone who is interested in learning the specialty of complex, continuous care, an in-demand and growing area of expertise. The ideal opportunity for someone that would like to be a part of a committed care team where your ideas of thoughtfulness will be heard and fulfilled. Someone who wants to deliver care the "right" way with a team committed to high standard.
â€¢ Excellent compensation package
â€¢ Shadowing and mentoring program
â€¢ Performance-based bonuses
â€¢ Opportunities to grow and advance your career
The Mission of the AllumÃ© Shift Nurse is to provide hands-on Remarkable Careâ„¢ for a medically fragile child or adult and enhance their quality of life through in-home shift nursing.
1. Complete the AllumÃ© shadowing and mentoring program during the first 90 days of employment, enabling you to feel successful in your job
2. Learn to document using our electronic medical records system and to utilize good documentation to communicate with your team
3. Participate on a committed care team for 1-2 medically fragile patients and learn the clinical skills needed to care for their specific needs
4. Identify ways to Improve wellness and well-being of your patients by contributing to their curated care plan
1. Provides professional nursing care as defined in the nurse practice act and under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Communicates appropriate status/condition changes to the RN per agency guidelines.
a. Provides skilled nursing visits for clients as directed by the RN Case Manager. Follows the care plan established by the Registered Nurse
b. Recognizes and reports changes in client condition to the Case Manager and physician, as directed
c. Communicates information on a timely basis, consistent with Agency policy and urgency of the situation. Communicates verbally, as needed, and through complete and accurate documentation in the clinical record
d. Scope of clinical practice includes personal care services, monitoring and reporting findings, medication administration and monitoring, client teaching, emergency intervention, and nursing services within professional scope of practice and as delegated by the Case Manager
e. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers. Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures
f. Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations
g. Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment
h. Makes recommendations on improvement of safety
i. Seeks education/training or assistance with areas of concern
2. Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
a. Accepts responsibility for professional nursing role
b. Follows applicable state and federal laws and agency standards
c. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job
d. Refrains from discussing client or staff identities, conditions, or circumstances in public or with others who do not have a legitimate interest in the person
e. Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Agency Quality Improvement Program and pertinent activities
3. Participates in coordination of home care services, attends meetings as required, and follows reporting guidelines.
4. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
2. Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Connecticut.
3. Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
4. CPR certified.
5. Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Has a good driving record.
1. Remarkable Care.
â€¢ Overtly demonstrates one cares about the company, employees, patients, and the larger community.
â€¢ Going above and beyond what is expected in everything done, large or small. Noticeably does things above the rest. Elevated excellence.
â€¢ Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
â€¢ Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of best.
2. Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working environment.
3. Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has can-do attitude.
4. Attention To Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
5. Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
6. Flexibility / Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
7. Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
8. Calm Under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
9. Work Ethic. Posseses strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
AllumÃ© Home Care surrounds patients, families, employees, and communities with Remarkable Careâ„¢. We are a Connecticut licensed home health agency serving Western Connecticut with skilled medical services 24 hours per day, seven days per week. AllumÃ© specializes in continuous, long-term care of children and adults with complex, high-tech needs.
Our mission is to gather, nurture, develop, and match people who love caring for others, with families who need them.
Our core purpose is to surround patients, families, employees, and our community with Remarkable Care. This means doing things Right. Different. Making a difference.