QR Code Link to This Post
This is a remote employee position - NOT 1099.
Here's what we need:
* SOLID Proficiency with Illustrator & Photoshop. InDesign skills are also helpful. We THOROUGHLY test Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
* Understanding of the constraints involved in producing graphics for prepress AND the web.
* Experience creating client-appropriate, clean, cutting edge designs for client projects.
* Strong ability to manage, archive, organize work according to tight timetables and turnaround requirements. DESIGN PROJECT MANAGEMENT skills are a big plus.
* Motivated self-starter with relentless follow-through to completion of each project.
* Insatiable curiosity and passion for graphic design industry and the web.
* You must live in Greater NYC. New York City Metro Area ONLY. ALL the Boroughs qualify as acceptable. So does Jersey City, Hoboken, and Northern NJ, but anything over a 40-minute commute via Google maps to Times Square by public transportation will not be accepted. We VERIFY your ACTUAL permanent residential address so please be honest. (We meet in-person about every 10 days.)
* You must be able to legally work in the USA (without additional sponsorship).
Here's a slice of what we are looking for:
* Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed to get the job done
* Innovative attitude- not one to follow mass thinking. Comfortable outside of the box.
* Comfort in a fast-paced, very informal, high-energy advertising environment, managing jobs from start to finish.
* Quality design portfolio.
The low-down on your daily duties and expectations:
* You can design an elegant logo, WEBSITE or PRINT piece from start to finish; concept to implementation. In this role, you must also be able to analyze existing client work and improve upon them by creating exciting new creative elements. YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CODE. We have in-house web developers for that role - you only provide the PSD's. Your Photoshop and Illustrator skills/knowledge WILL BE TESTED.
* Your ability to multi-task is crucial, as you will be handling several projects at the same time. If you like the challenge of producing clean innovative designs and seeing them through to the production environment -- this position is for you!
* You must be a self-motivated designer with a record of success who can think creatively, brainstorm regularly, meet deadlines and work alone or within a team.
* You must show impeccable attention to detail and show a strong desire to explore new ideas!
Starting hourly rate ranges from $14-$17/hour based on experience and portfolio. We offer performance reviews every 90 days. THIS IS A PERMANENT PART-TIME POSITION. You should be focused, passionate about design and ready for a career. This is a great entry-level position for a designer that recently graduated -- BUT you MUST know how to use the Adobe Suite on a PC and have a good eye combined with strong motivation. Please send a link to your portfolio along with your resume. If your COMMERCIAL design portfolio is thin, PLEASE do not expect the top of the wage scale - it won't be a fit. If your knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator is also mediocre, then asking for peak starting rate will also not result in a match.
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter telling us why you think this gig is right for you. Also include a portfolio link or PDF samples of some of your best work.
Please remember to send all of your contact information with your resume. It should list the Borough/city/town you reside in - not just a phone number.