Our company develops and hosts specialized software solutions for the automotive after-market paint and body equipment (PBE) distribution industry. Our applications support every aspect of a PBE distributor's business, including inventory management, A/R, purchasing, accounting, powerful reporting and even mobile devices to empower a distributed sales force. We have provided specialized solutions to our customers for over 30 years, our latest software providing them true electronic business capabilities, with direct communication to their suppliers and extending portals directly to their customers.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are expanding development by hiring an experienced software developer. This is a new and permanent position. The developer will work on building new functionality, with a minor emphasis on existing code maintenance.
We are looking for a senior-level software developer with tremendous depth in several relevant technologies. The ideal candidate will have mastery of the Microsoft .Net domain of tools, having experience developing complex, high-performance multi-tier systems.
Note: We are only interested in hiring a direct W2 employee; we are not looking for contractors, we do not want offshore-talent staffers, we have no interest in individuals running an offshore team while posing as a direct employee.
* Work closely with business analysts to gather and document requirements
* Work both as a team on development projects and independently
* Design of new functionality, drafting plans and estimates
* Development of new application code
* Work closely with QA to resolve defects found
* Document your own development activities and track progress
* Multi-task effectively -- critical!
* Troubleshoot application issues and configurations
* Manage code and documentation in Source Control
* Manage a personal development environment, including personal web, application and SQL Server
Requirements for a qualified candidate include:
* Crystal-clear communication skills, verbal and written -- absolutely essential!
* Strong web development foundation with SPA frameworks such as Angular, Web API, EF, and familiarity with Web Forms
* Familiarity with modern UI constructs, fluid design, etc.
* Mastery of C#, OOP, multi-tier system architecture
* Strong knowledge of design patterns, such as Repository, MVC, Specification, etc.
* Mastery of current Microsoft SQL Server and tools
* TSQL table schema design, stored procedures and UDFs, SQL performance optimization
* Proficiency with Source code control
* Operating Systems, including Microsoft Windows 7 -- 10, Server 2008 -- 2012
* General understanding of network concepts (ports, DNS, firewalls, etc.)
* Virtual test environment such as Microsoft HyperV, VMware, etc.
* Tampa Bay locals are preferred, though the candidate must reside in the contiguous US. No relocation allowances or sponsorship will be considered.
The developer will work in a small team environment. The application is an ERP, with emphasis on accounting and inventory control. Our environment is mostly modern web development, with some components that are written as WinForms and Mobile applications. Our ideal candidate has a history of successfully completed working projects: a "closer". The candidate must have maintained his or her own code, and lived with the decisions that were made.
Due to the breadth of the application, we cannot justify a highly specialized person. We must find someone who is comfortable working in all tiers of the application; from the UI all the way down through to the database schema. This individual will initially wear many hats and be heavily relied upon to pull their own weight, looking for creative answers to tough problems.
This opportunity is in a fast, fun and friendly environment. The pace is high, so you won't be able to coast. We take pride in our work and our ability to remain nimble and flexible. We only staff highly talented and capable team members, who know their importance as a member of a team and work with the company's best interests at heart. The result is a challenging, dynamic and rewarding work experience.
There are many benefits to this long-term career opportunity, working for a stable and well-known employer in our industry, full-time telecommuting, 401K, company-paid health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time.