Contract Position 3 - 6 months
QR Code Link to This Post
*** THIS POSITION IS FOR A DESIGNER ONLY, NO DEVELOPMENT SKILLS REQUIRED. ***
*** MUST LIVE IN THE PHOENIX ARE AND BE ABLE TO WORK ONSITE IN SCOTTSDALE 80% OF THE TIME.
We're seeking a talented UI/UX Visual Designer to expertly craft a web based user experience design for a large eCommerce multisite website project that will span several months. If you're an avid problem solver who loves turning complex requirements into visually stunning interactive experiences that captivate users and deliver on business needs, we should talk.
As a UI/UX Designer, you are a design leader who always advocates for the end user. You define and champion underlying structures, flows and experiences that meet both their needs and the business goals at hand. Not only do you employ sharp design skills and pixel-level attention to detail, you keep your eyes set on telling a bigger, inspired brand story. You're a sharp communicator who is compelled to organize and drive clarity while realizing a shared vision with clients and stakeholders.
- Translates complex ideas, business needs, and user motivations into simple organized patterns that guides intuitive user experiences.
- Work closely with the client and project teams to refine user types and conversion goals.
- Apply data-driven insight provided by data analytics and SEO teams to create successful user experiences that achieve results.
- Plan for, author and present User Experience deliverables that provide a structure and foundation for content creation, design production, and technical development. This includes User Journeys, Sitemaps, Wireframes, Style Guides and semi-functional Prototypes.
- Brainstorm and workshop ideas for translating business requirements into brilliant interfaces and memorable brand experiences, executing visually stunning design that supports brand style and tone.
- Deliver interface design solutions in both wireframe and hi-fidelity visual layouts as needed.
- Work efficiently and effectively in highly collaborative environment with writers, developers, creative leads and project managers.
- Work closely with development team leads to ensure designs are systematically structured for content management and responsive design
- Work with flexible modern web design standards and the latest available tools and resources, including InVision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and beyond.
- Champion user experience principles and best practices, contributing to a shared knowledge system across the agency.
- When needed, execute heuristic evaluations measuring experiences against best practices, documenting issues and recommendations for improvement.
Minimum 5 years digital design experience
Experience with Magento 2 eCommerce Platform
For collaboration purposes, must be able to work onsite at least 80% of the time
A solid portfolio of digital design work, displaying significant industry experience
Proven experience in translating requirements and user definitions into successful architectural structures
Proficiency in Sketch app and InVision prototyping
Familiarity with capabilities and limitations of current web technologies
The ability to problem solve, think conceptually and deliver creative solutions
Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
The ability to see from the point of view of the user
Organized, self-motivated and able to keep a cool head and meet deadlines
Meticulous attention to detail
Submissions without portfolio samples will not be considered
This contract position has the potential to become a full-time position for the right candidate.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting.
Dot Com Development is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.