Small San Francisco law firm with a busy international practice seeks very organized person to help us work more efficiently. The needs of a small office are varied and sometimes unpredictable, so the best candidate must be able to adapt, enjoy new challenges, and balance self-motivation with teamwork. We all pitch in. This 20-30 hours per week position may well suit someone balancing work with other life commitments.
QR Code Link to This Post
* Familiarity with general office practices and procedures
* Professional demeanor and strong communication skills
* Comfort with technology, software, internet, social media platforms, and cloud applications
* Strong language skills
Prior experience in a legal setting, including paralegal experience, is helpful but not required, as are project management or event planning skills or experience. Foreign language ability and international experience are a plus. We interact extensively with clients and colleagues in Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
* Manage calendar and coordinate tasks and projects
* Handle incoming and outgoing documents, including scanning and electronic storage
* Communicate verbally and in writing with clients and colleagues
* Maintain and organize client files and office databases
* Assist with legal filings
* Manage office resources and supplies
* Plan events by coordinating and facilitating the contribution of multiple persons within and outside the firm
Anyone with a superior academic record, strong writing skills, desire to learn new skills (and learn them quickly), or interest in exploring the legal profession will find additional challenges and rewarding opportunities. We believe in entrusting responsibility to those who demonstrate that they could meet the challenge, whether through past experience or fast learning.