Gutensite is a California SaaS firm that has been helping businesses build brilliant websites since 2002, using our intuitive and beautiful website builder and CMS. We empower clients to grow, share and inspire.
We are in need of another full time Front-End Full Stack Developer to help us finish and launch our new platform: sitetheory.io. The bulk of the work is front-end, so this is where you must thrive (JS, Angular Components, CSS), but you will need to create back-end Symfony Controllers and API methods to power the featuers, so you will need to be an expert in the hybrid tech stack that our platform is built on (Symfony & Angular), be able to quickly understand the big picture and existing methods of our complex, dynamic, abstract framework, and then jump in and help us finish our MVP (and beyond).
We are committed to high quality so this is a position that will push you professionally and personally. We hope you'll love being a part of our team and if you give us your best we'll do everything we can to earn that loyalty. We are a small company, so you'll get the opportunity to provide critical value and be an integral part of building something awesome from the ground floor.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
- Geek and proud of it (nerd a big plus).
- Code Monkey, dial in, quickly crank out quality code, finish complete feature workflows.
- Able to understand the big picture, but also be detail oriented enough to work independently without micro-management or super detailed User Stories.
- Computer Science degree (or comparable knowledge of CS theory) and real world programming experience.
- Expert PHP skills (OOP and MVC Principles), Symfony framework, Doctrine ORM (MySQL and MongoDB), and Twig templating.
- Smart and humble, quick learner, self-sufficient, desire to build cool things.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Low drama, and good interpersonal skills for resolving conflict (because let's be honest, we'll have disagreements).
- Able to telecommute from quiet, dedicated work space with high speed internet.
- Focused, accountable and able to work independently of supervision.
- Ability to work in a team and grow from constructive criticism.
- Proactive communication on goals, sprint tasks, and daily progress.
Responsibilities of the Job
- As necessary, implement back-end controllers, Symfony Services, Listeners to power the API needs of front end features.
- Participate in daily developer scrums with other team members to support each other and complete development goals on schedule.
- Organize your tasks on Asana, prioritize, track, update, respond to team questions every single day.
- Be responsive to on Slack to support the team with development questions.
Challenges of the Job
- This is a BIG, COMPLEX platform that will require all your mental ability everyday. You must be able to see the big picture, and code in a way that is dynamic and scalable.
- You will be asked to learn constantly. Although training and support will be provided by our team, you need to research solutions and read documentation to find solutions on your own.
- You must have the ability to multi-task and switch gears to work on multiple issues at once.
- You must use time tracking software and Asana to prioritize and track your tasks and provide progress reports EVERY SINGLE DAY, so that we know the status of projects, we can celebrate your accomplishments, and we know you are providing value.
- Pay is based on experience and ability.
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision and 10 paid personal days off (plus 6 paid federal holidays).
How to Apply
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Subject line: "Front-End Full Stack Developer"
- Use the body of the email as your cover letter.
- Include a one-paragraph response to this question: "Why are you the person to help us build our complex platform?".
- Attach a PDF of your resume.
Resumes will not be reviewed if they are unprofessional or do not follow our instructions.