How would you like to work with a small group of motivated developers to create web-based mapping software for managing trees and related resources in urban environments?
QR Code Link to This Post
Tree Plotter, Parks Plotter, Work Order Management and related apps are part of Plan-It Geo's SaaS platform, enterprise asset management software designed with our unique clients in mind. Our software is used by local and state governments, private tree care firms, consultants, nonprofits, campuses, and others who work with trees, parks, and natural resources data. We are growing fast and looking for a talented, driven Software Developer to join our team.
You will help our developers grow while continuing to improve yourself and have confidence in the solutions you create and champion. You will keep an open mind to existing solutions and various paths forward. Other tech we have built include REST APIs in NodeJS and PHP, Python geoprocessing software, and a Polymer offline browser app. We have upcoming initiatives in which you will likely participate that include integrations, native apps, AR, ML, and new GIS/mapping technologies.
This position can be based in one of our existing offices or elsewhere across the country, and work-from-home is available to the right candidate.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop and maintain web-based software using best practices
- Take ownership of code, systems, and processes, always with an eye toward improvement
- Take pride in software that works well, scales without issue, and makes our customers happy
- Assist in our transition to a more test-driven approach and other initiatives around software quality
- Lead and mentor other developers, while being willing to learn from them
- Participate in an evolving Agile development environment emphasizing collaboration
- Lead new development initiatives to include web services, native mobile apps, and more
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Solid software engineering fundamentals, from algorithms to design methodology
- Web-based software expertise in HTML, CSS, client-side scripting, and responsive design
- Competence in SQL, relational databases, and related concepts
- Experience with integrations, APIs, and interoperability through standards
- Proficient on Linux/GNU systems, and experience in cloud-based platforms like AWS
- Great with clients, and a firm commitment to maintaining excellent relationships
- College degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Desired Skills and Nice-To-Haves:
- Knowledge and interest in scalable architectures
- Fluency in PHP
- Experience working on multi-tenant SaaS platforms, and SPAs
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs in a service-based architecture
- Knowledge and experience with NoSQL, graph databases, and other storage technologies
- Years of experience with Postgres or similar relational databases
- Familiar with mapping/GIS concepts and technologies
- Interest in trees, forestry, natural resource management, sustainability, or urban planning a plus
Attention: Please include a cover-letter when you apply, even if brief.
Plan-It Geo is a fast growing, small business with competitive employee benefits (401k, health insurance, PTO, etc.). There is potential for the right person to become a leader in the company if you work hard, innovate, and succeed in ensuring client success and renewal.
Our office is in Arvada, CO but the lead programmer you would be working with is located in Charlotte, NC. Remote is OK.