A Network IT Support company in San Diego, CA is looking for a part-time individual with mature set of IT troubleshooting skills but more importantly, they can pick a part technology and write step by step processes for our staff and clients to understand. While having IT certifications are a nice plus, being process oriented with exceptional writing skills is essential. We are willing to pay more for better skills. However, creative writing and being able to articulate what the first-time introductions to the prospect; and what they want from us, remains at the core.
QR Code Link to This Post
We have a reliable staff of network engineers and administrators but we remain a small firm until we are big. Our technicians are supposed to grab all the process-oriented tickets and delegates others to the more experienced individuals if they can't resolve it themselves. We do not have someone other than the owner to manage and write processes; and make sure no client related problems slip through the cracks.
We need a leader. They will document and identify critical knowledge lacking in our knowledgebase, all while asking the right questions of the client, techs, and engineers to push projects and tickets along. We will provide 5 to 10 hours of work a week and possibly more as we grow. It's possible we could set a fixed schedule of like Tuesday and Thursday. We also will provide additional tasks unrelated to tech support to increase the hours for willing and enthusiastic participants.
Basic Responsibilities include:
- Consume information and take direction correctly. i.e. no mistakes. No constant repeating of directions.
- Give direction once comfortable with the environment.
- On-Site Assessments and Project Management
- Assist and delegate configuration, installation and troubleshooting of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, disk drives, PCs, network servers, routers, and firewalls.
- Collaborate and document on small and medium sized technology projects and team member project deliverables
- Assist and delegate ability to diagnose IT and computer systems issues; hardware, software, networking, server, VPN and operator problems.
- Test, Tone, and Mark cables. Cable management is a nice plus.
- Provide technical support both via phone and onsite service during the normal workweek
- Assist and delegate in the installation, removal, testing and configuring of PC operating systems, software and hardware
- Provide user assistance as needed on operating systems, software and hardware usage and procedures
- Provide on-call emergency services after business hours, holiday and weekends as necessary. Not necessary but a nice plus.
Individuals in the Greater San Diego area and reliable transportation are preferred. Please state your location, provide your resume, and a brief introduction.
***No attached resume or poorly written resumes will be ignored***