We are a boutique web design & development agency that has been servicing local, national, and international clients for 15 years. We take tremendous pride in creating long-term relationships with our clients, in getting to know their brand and business goals, and in contributing to their growth and success. Our smart and experienced team prides itself in completing projects and tasks quickly, efficiently, on time, on budget, and with high quality. No wonder our clients stay with us for years.
QR Code Link to This Post
What's unique about us? We have a remote work environment because we value life-work balance, freedom, and flexibility. Our team members are located around the country because we look for talent wherever it is. We don't work in the evenings or on weekends unless we want to. We spend time with our families, enjoy our hobbies, and work on interesting projects outside of work. We offer our freelancers ongoing, weekly work with a healthy dose of variety, challenges, and problem solving. No wonder they stay with us for years.
We are looking for an advanced WordPress developer to join our talented team. Are you...
- Positive and upbeat?
- An out-of-the-box thinker?
- A quick learner?
- A self-starter who requires minimal supervision?
- Efficient and resourceful?
- Reliable and on time?
- A strong written and verbal communicator by email, chat, and phone?
- Able to juggle and manage multiple projects at the same time and re-prioritize when needed?
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment?
- An excellent team member who enjoys working alongside designers, project managers, and other developers?
...then this freelance position may be for you.
About This Freelance Position:
- 10+ years of experience in web development field
- Build custom responsive WordPress themes
- Build custom responsive page templates
- Heavily modify purchased WordPress themes
- Create child themes
- Build custom plugins
- Modify purchased plugins
- Implement PSD files into WordPress themes and HTML/CSS/PHP web pages with near pixel-perfect quality
- Maintain existing clients' WordPress websites (debugging, installing & configuring plugins, adding custom fields, integrating APIs, creating new pages, etc.). Most of our clients have websites with custom Wordpress themes, heavily modified purchased themes, and custom-built functions.
- Optimize websites for speed and overall performance
- Document code customizations in our online project management system
- Work with a project manager
- Advanced WordPress experience (6+ years)
- MySQL and PHP experience
- APIs and other third-party integrations experience
- Hosting and server configuration experience (migrating sites, transferring domains, DNS, SSL, etc.)
- E-commerce experience (WooCommerce, Stripe, PayPal and other online payment integrations)
- Intermediate Photoshop experience
- Proven ability to write clean and easy-to-maintain code
"Nice to have" requirements:
- Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Tag Manager experience
- Shopify experience
- CRM integration experience such as Salesforce Pardot
- Web performance experience such as Cloudflare
- Agency experience, either being contracted by or working for
If you think you might be the right fit, please send:
- Your resume
- A description of why you are the person we want to join our customer-centric, fast-paced team
- A link to your portfolio, or at least three links to WordPress websites you've worked on that you believe are relevant, specifying which one(s) are custom-built, heavily modified themes, or have custom-built functionality; and at least three links to websites that you are currently maintaining on a regular basis. Please no attachments. When replying, start your first sentence with "Hello, world!", so that we know the email is related to this job posting.
- The hourly rate you charge when contracted by a small agency
- Your availability and ideal work schedule