Boston-based Mac consulting company is looking for a Responsive Support/Helpdesk engineer with exceptional people skills. Our objective is to maintain our reputation as 'The quality' place for onsite support services in our geographic area. Services include troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, networking, and training/consulting for clients at their homes or places of business. The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator, energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and possess a proactive attitude that reflects a drive to succeed.
QR Code Link to This Post
Who we're looking for:
The Responsive Support (Helpdesk) Engineer is responsible for handling Tier 1 and Tier 2 level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner and will be responsible for monitoring Managed clients, responding to Helpdesk requests and alerts, developing response workflows and working remotely with all Call Andy! clients to resolve issues and interact with vendors and Call Andy! Systems Engineers. This relates to all technology, including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
This is a work-from-home role, with in-person monthly meetings and other in-person events. The candidate would need to have an appropriate home workspace and a reliable broadband internet connection.
Call Andy! works with a wide spectrum of small business, SOHO, and high-end residential clients in both break-fix, and managed services models. This relates to all technology, including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
We also provide a career path in IT Consulting that you can't find elsewhere. You can come to us as a "first job in consulting" and we'll provide you with experience, training, and mentoring to become a senior IT professional. Or you can come to us as a senior IT consultant and work with the most amazing and experienced team of senior talent who help each other (and push each other) to grow. There's room to grow â€ laterally and upwards. Best of all, the ship is not so heavy nor fast moving, that you can't affect its course. Ultimately, we want to create a work environment that you want to retire from after a long and fulfilling career. As a company, we focus on work/life balance, a supportive team environment, an ethical approach to business, and we emphasize the long-term relationships we build with our clients.
* Oversee, triage, respond to, follow up on, and close all inbound support requests and ongoing client tickets as appropriate and in a timely manner, or as otherwise specified by client agreement
* Manage ConnectWise Helpdesk and ticket workflows
* Respond to and work to resolve Helpdesk requests from email, phone and the ConnectWise client portal
* Act as Helpdesk dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource to be resolved quickly and efficiently
* Escalate service requests as needed
* Work with Call Andy! clients over the phone and remotely to resolve problems
* Provide basic software training to Call Andy! clients over the phone and via screen sharing
* Collaborate with Call Andy! engineering team and vendors on troubleshooting, finding solutions and resolution of tickets
* Research and write technical documentation related to processes, vendors, quotes, how-to's, internal and external KB articles
* Send notifications to clients related to technical issues, equipment and software upgrades, viruses, and other news related to Mac environments
* Our typical workweek is 40-50 hours
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide exceptional customer service and support for a wide variety of equipment
* Develop a working understanding of organization's key services for which support is being provided
* Constantly strive to improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
* Fast and efficient response to and turnaround of customer requests
* Understand the processes in the ConnectWise platform by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
* Enter all work as detailed time entries in ConnectWise service tickets as it occurs
* Deliver accurate and timely submission of all time reporting, expense reporting, and other required reports in ConnectWise as they occur
* Document client configurations, work sessions and other notes in ConnectWise clearly and concisely
* Meet or exceed quality and service level goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
* Proficiency in MacOS and iOS operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
* Ability to quickly and accurately diagnose technical issues and continue to improve on the job
* Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
* Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services
* Ability to see the big picture & overall Helpdesk overall workflow
* Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
* Must like to work remotely
* Ability to effectively prioritize, multitask, and quickly adapt to changes in an environment with multiple competing tasks and responsibilities
* Must enjoy to working remotely
* Self-motivated, with the ability and desire to work autonomously with minimal supervision in a fast moving environment
* Ability and desire to build and maintain great relationships with our clients
* Must have excellent phone etiquette and skills, overall communication skills, active listening skills, and excel at customer care
* Must excel in self time management and organizational skills
* A sense of humor is appreciated
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
* High school graduate or GED
* Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not necessary
* 1 year of Mac-related IT support experience
* Legally able to work in the US
* Apple Certifications not required initially, but preference will be given to certified applicants
* Must provide 3-5 professional references
* Remote and occasional on-site
* Owning a car is preferable
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must be able to work with a team and have excellent time management skills
* Must be willing to work outside normal business hours when necessary (On call Support)
* Must have appropriate home workspace and a broadband internet connection
* Must be able to pass background, CORI, and credit checks
What we offer:
* Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
* Health benefits included
* Mac provided
* Performance-based incentives
* Generous bonus levels
* Full on-the-job training & support
* Fun working environment and culture
* Great opportunity for advancement
If you're on your way to becoming a Mac expert and are interested in being part of a well-established consulting company and making new and exciting things happen, you'll love working with us! If you're being held back, finding yourself doing more Windows work than you were planning on, tired of red tape and politics, and you want your efforts and contributions to count for something, then this position would be perfect for you! If you're an under-appreciated/under-paid Mac fanatic, then we'd like to talk with you!
There are lots of ads for Mac support jobs advertised on online; many of them are "contract" or part- time jobs that don't have benefits. We offer a strong compensation package with performance incentives, company-paid Apple certification, heath insurance, profit sharing, and 15 days of personal time per year plus a MacBook Pro computer, and an Apple iPhone (with plan).
Monday-Friday 9am - 6pm, occasional weekend and evening work.
Please visit https://www.callandy.com/engineerscreen, complete the questionnaire and submit your resume.
We're not a recruiter (although this might look recruiter-ish). This is our own process to make sure that we are talking with legitimate candidates and can get an early understanding of your skill set.