IT training company is seeking a cloud specialist for assistance in researching cloud technology, planning training content, and blogging about new developments in cloud technology. The focus for 2018 will be Azure and Office 365.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are an IT training business who currently sells online training videos and practice questions for Microsoft Office 365 certification Exams. We will be updating our Office 365 exams and adding new courses for Windows Azure and others. We are seeking a skilled IT professional with excellent communication and planning abilities to help with these objectives.
In your day to day activities, you will be required to participate in a daily planning call, watch existing training, research new concepts and features in cloud technology, suggest changes and improvements to existing training material, write blog articles (2x per week), plan for new lessons on Office 365 and Azure, write practice questions, build a virtual lab environment, and interact with current and potential customers.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to expand their knowledge of the cloud and become an expert. Your primary goal will to become a recognized authority on Microsoft cloud technologies through your blog articles and contributions to lesson development. You will have all the guidance and direction you need, but must start with at least the required technical knowledge as detailed below.
-This is a 6-month contract position with possible opportunity for full employment at the end of contract.
-Compensation will be $23-$25 / hour ( 40hrs /week)
-Some Paid vacation and personal days are also offered
-W2 or 1099 are both acceptable, however compensation amt may differ.
-No health, dental, or life insurance offered for this position. If an employment offer is extended after 6 months, it may include these benefits.
-This is a work-from-home position.
-Hours are flexible but should be consistent (8 hours per day)
-You are expected to have and maintain your own computer and peripherals. However, any needed software, books, exams, or subscriptions will be provided by the company.
1. Acquire and maintain expertise in Microsoft cloud technology (Azure, Office 365)
2. Research and fact-check existing training material and suggest improvements & corrections.
3. Write 2 blog articles per week about IT with an emphasis on cloud technology and trends, but also technical how-tos
4. Research new topics for new cloud courses on Azure and assist in developing lesson plans
5. Help transfer research knowledge to trainers
6. Develop planned demonstrations of cloud technology to be used in recorded training
7. Write practice questions based on training material with detailed answers
8. Build and maintain lab environment in Windows Azure environment
9. Respond to customer questions and tickets
1. Communication Skills - MUST have the ability to speak and write *fluently* in English. Written English should be consistent with native English speakers.
2. Technical Knowledge - Must have experience with Windows Servers, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, and Networking (TCP/IP, Routers, Switches). Knowledge of cloud or virtual environments highly recommended
3. Must have experience with taking IT exams & certifications
4. Must have good organization skills - brainstorming, categorizing information, creating outlines, planning
5. Must have good time management skills
6. Must be self-motivated and work with minimal direction
7. Must be able to work on a team and collaborate
8. Should be interested in learning about all types of IT technologies (not just 1 or 2 specialties)
9. Should have knowledge or be interested in learning about Project Management Methodologies
Please respond with:
1. a copy of your resume
2. a brief paragraph of why you would be good for this position
3. when you are available to start.