Inquiries from outside the immediate Seattle area will not be considered. To receive a response, please specifically confirm in your email that you (will) live in the Seattle area.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are an up-and-coming Northwest digital agency that builds cutting-edge digital experiences and apps for world-class brands and organizations. We are looking to hire a local (Seattle area), mostly remote, ongoing, part-time, premium freelance/contract Web/App UX/UI designer, capable of doing industry-leading work for global brands and organizations. This applicant will be judged on the quality, variety, extent, and versatility of their portfolio, as well as the notability of past clients.
This individual would need to be able to:
- conduct and provide UX/UI reviews of existing client assets
- work directly with clients, have excellent and personable communication skills, verbal and written
- knowledgably speak to and "sell" clients on important designs and design decisions
- work to understand the needs/objectives of client projects and know how to craft designs that get needed results
- produce premium quality designs in all industry-leading design tools, such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, and the like
- produce responsive designs that function on and are tailored to a wide variety of screens and devices
- produce efficient and helpful wireframes
- present designs in a helpful and client-conscious form through project-appropriate presentation tools like Invision App and the like
- oversee/lead the UX/UI aspects of project discovery, strategy, and design phases
- have a significant understanding of the technological and results-focused aspects of web and app development, creating synergistic designs
- conduct user testing and research to serve the design process
- provide accurate initial ballpark range estimates of time and cost on projects that aren't fully scoped
- lead and oversee results-getting design changes and enhancements through conversion rate optimization and A/B testing by gleaning insights from industry-leading CRO/testing tools
- add experience, initiative, know-how, advice, and capabilities to our team that continues to put our agency on par with some of the best digital agencies in the Northwest
- work using modern digital tools and platforms like Slack, Skype, G Suite, etc.
- meet in downtown Seattle as well as the greater Seattle area for occasional team collaboration and client meetings
Experience/capabilities with the following are also desired but not required (in order of preference):
- Branding/Identity development
- Agile and Lean production/design methodologies
We require all team members to be highly detailÂ-oriented, accepting of responsibility, honest, self-motivated, organized, dependable, able to give/receive feedback/criticism, committed to self-improvement, adaptable, and able to independently problem-solve and communicate professionally and clearly. We require our staff to do what they say they'll do and be online and available during business hours while working remotely. Occasionally, but increasingly, our team works together in our downtown Seattle offices, while the rest of the time we work together remotely.
Pay will range from $50-$110/hr and will be based on experience and portfolio attributes listed above as well as value the applicant adds to our team. Please include a link to your portfolio, cover letter describing the value you can bring to our team and clients, and a resume/listing of past experience, successes, training and capabilities.